Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to go for tyres in the U.K.?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At just over 21,000 miles my model S 19” tyres are still in the ‘safe’ zone, but I want to replace them before winter.

with my MBs I usually went to BlackCircles.

Any reasons why I should change that tradition and go to Tesla instead?

Any other options folks would recommend for Tesla tyre replacement places around Manchester?

I used BlackCircles as they offered a convenient fitting at a local independent. I was very impressed and used that local independent ever since. Previously we had used eTyres and their mobile fitting service - got me out of a spot of bother when I lost a sidewall in a car without a spare. Very happy with them too, but BlackCircles and/or the independent is the goto of choice now. Whilst waiting during fitting, the independent seems to get some of its supplies from Micheldever Tyres.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrGrPa
Wasn't aware of Blackcircles and just checked their site. I had to buy a new tyre for my S recently and used the local garage in the village who has had my S up the hoist a few times with punctures (rather than just jack up a corner). Blackcircles price is within a couple of squid of what they charged me, obviously local and the sort of place where there's no issue with me driving it onto the lift and double-checking hoist placement etc and having a good laugh and bullshit session whilst it's being done..

My only worry would be the tyre place jacking it up using correct method/protectors. Don't want the battery being damaged by some tyre monkey.

Had too many alloys damaged by them over the years. Went 3 years on an R8 with no kerbing only to have local tyre shop make a mess of one of them.

I know Costco in the US do a lot of Tesla’s I’m hoping the UK warehouses will be familiar with them by the time I need some changing
I used the local Costco charger while the wife shopped a few weeks ago. It's next to the tyre warehouse so I asked about Teslas, was told that they've done several & already have the pucks.

Personally I would steer clear of the Continental Foam insert tyres. I have Had issues with a few garages quibbling about puncture repairs to them. When looking for new tyres I discovered there are plenty out there with lower decibel ratings than the Continental Standard tyres. As such I have acquired 2 full sets of tyres from Oponeo and have found them to be very good. One set of Pirelli’s and one of Yokohama. If I recall decibel ratings of 2-3 or more quieter than the Tesla Contis.

Personally I would steer clear of the Continental Foam insert tyres. I have Had issues with a few garages quibbling about puncture repairs to them. When looking for new tyres I discovered there are plenty out there with lower decibel ratings than the Continental Standard tyres. As such I have acquired 2 full sets of tyres from Oponeo and have found them to be very good. One set of Pirelli’s and one of Yokohama. If I recall decibel ratings of 2-3 or more quieter than the Tesla Contis.

Don’t think I’ve been able to get a puncture repaired in the last 15 years. There’s always been ‘it’s in the wrong places or the sidewall has been crushed’. still, a new tyre is nice. Well, unless it gets punctured the same day it’s fitted.

Mine came with the Michelin Primacy 3 T0 tyres.

one of (several) reasons I didn’t get tyres from the dealership for my MBs was the continentals they fitted had high dB ratings. if I remember correctly they were 71 or 72dB and I usually ended up with ones around 68dB and with better efficiency ratings.

Reactions: TheManofMead
The Michelin offer ended yesterday apparently, but will be back soon as they seem to switch every month.
I think the CostCo £50-off per pair of tyres is still on?

I think I can get four 19" Michelin PS4s for under £600, including fitting but probably not the foamed ones. I have PS3s on at the moment and I am not aware that they are foamed (they are not Tesla marked ones) and they are fine.