Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to go to get calipers painted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to get my brake calipers painted red as I've seen many others on these forums and they look sweeet. But I am not familiar with any custom shops that'll do this in our area. I'm from South Jersey, but anywheres from Philly through NJ up to NYC would probably work. Any recommendations?

FYI, Tesla is now offering red brake calipers during the factory build.

yes, doesnt help current owners though. I asked ownership about them, and they said you'd have to talk to service about purchasing the parts. I think someone else on these forums checks the price and they were $500/caliper. Not going to pay $2000 for red calipers. Rather just have someone paint them.

yes, doesnt help current owners though. I asked ownership about them, and they said you'd have to talk to service about purchasing the parts. I think someone else on these forums checks the price and they were $500/caliper. Not going to pay $2000 for red calipers. Rather just have someone paint them.

Agreed, just sharing the info...I figured there would be a way for service to get involved, but yes, $2K is a lot for red calipers...Any idea how much it would cost to just have them painted? Taking into account that there wil be labor costs associated with that painting (jacking the car up, removing the wheels, removing the calipers, the actual painting and logo decal transfer, and then reinstalling them, wheels back on, etc)...I can't see all of that work costing radically less, but I don't really know, I've not had any custom work done on my previous cars before.

Spray Can of Red and Silver Krylon, painters tape, wire brush to ruff up the paint and about 2 hours of work.

No Wheel.jpg
Side view.jpg

I want to get my brake calipers painted red as I've seen many others on these forums and they look sweeet. But I am not familiar with any custom shops that'll do this in our area. I'm from South Jersey, but anywheres from Philly through NJ up to NYC would probably work. Any recommendations?
Did you find anyone for this? Looking for someone in central NJ preferably to paint calipers tesla red.

Thanks!