Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to purchase OEM M3 front plate holder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buying a used Model 3 and it doesn’t have the Tesla supplied front plate holder that attaches with adhesive. Where can I buy one? Doesn’t seem to be available in the Tesla shop. Thanks!
I will all also offer my OEM front plate holder for free (just pay shipping). Mine came with my 2018 and I never installed it because in my state you can pay a little extra per year not to have a front plate. I'm sure the front bumper shape has not changed at all.

I am in California and found the front license plate holder in the lower trunk (where the mobile connector EVSE and the J1772 adapter were).

Thats where tesla normally puts them. Either in the lower trunk (my model 3) or in one of the cubbies in the back (my model Y we just got). I am surprised they didnt put one in the lower trunk for @holeydonut . They have to provide one, here in CA (since its the law) but since people dont tend to want them (law be darned) most dealers of "nicer" cars dont install them.

In my conversations with the Tesla delivery advisor (in Las Vegas, I believe) prior to receiving my car (July 2018), I asked that the license plate frame not be installed on the car. She said that since I was in CA, it would be installed as part of the delivery process. When I picked up my car in Fremont, I believe I found the license plate frame in the trunk; it was never installed from the factory. I've since purchased an aftermarket bolt-on frame.

ref: Front License Plate