TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where to put Blackvue cables on AP2 Model X

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Teslijah, May 11, 2017.

1. Teslijah

Teslijah New Member

I had a Blackvue DR650S-2CH installed in my AP2 2017 Model X. I wanted all the wires hidden in the center windshield conduit, but the installer said it can't be moved on new ModelX's and just used some cable clips to glue it to the windshield. From the driver's side it's harder to see but from the passenger's side, it's ugly as sin. Is there a better solution?

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I agree it's hard and a time-consuming pain to remove the conduit, but I find it hard to believe that it can't be removed. To be fair, I haven't inspected an AP2 conduit.

Another option is to try to acquire a 2nd conduit from Tesla and mount it parallel to the first conduit. Or you could buy one of those beige wire conduits, spray-paint it black and use that instead.

• Helpful x 1
  3. NCC-1701

NCC-1701 New Member

I have installed the two cables into the existing comduit with AP2. IMG_0095.JPG

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. lloyds

lloyds Member

I have it on my new and used MX. The installer I used got the wires into the conduit with no issues.

5. RollinMS

RollinMS Member

I did it. It was very easy. 2 hours at the most. I did a write up on the Model X facebook page