Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to put Blackvue cables on AP2 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Blackvue DR650S-2CH installed in my AP2 2017 Model X. I wanted all the wires hidden in the center windshield conduit, but the installer said it can't be moved on new ModelX's and just used some cable clips to glue it to the windshield. From the driver's side it's harder to see but from the passenger's side, it's ugly as sin. Is there a better solution?

I agree it's hard and a time-consuming pain to remove the conduit, but I find it hard to believe that it can't be removed. To be fair, I haven't inspected an AP2 conduit.

Another option is to try to acquire a 2nd conduit from Tesla and mount it parallel to the first conduit. Or you could buy one of those beige wire conduits, spray-paint it black and use that instead.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
I have installed the two cables into the existing comduit with AP2. IMG_0095.JPG

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and Mike M
A friend and I are going to install a Blackvue in her X. We are planning on adding a new channel next to the existing one instead of trying to remove the factory one. That's Plan B. Plan A is considering and experimenting with the idea of installing the Blackvue at the top of the windshield instead of at the mirror. Anyone thought of that before? Its going to depend on how the angle of the windshield nearer the top affects the view or captured video. The good part is we can easily test this without a lot of effort. Plug in power and hold or temporarily mount the front cam. Again, anyone considered this before us?