Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to put hydrophobic treatment to keep radar clear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon tweeted a couple weeks back that putting a hydrophobic coating over the radar would help prevent the issue where all Autopilot and TACC get disabled in the snow... but I haven't seen (and couldn't find with a search) any further discussion on this.

Exactly what product should I put on? Any opinions as to whether the silicone lubricant product linked below would help and whether it would damage the paint?

Exactly where? I see in the manual that the radar is in the front bumper offset to the passenger side near the tip of the headlamp, but it doesn't show how high it is. And I could swear my local mobile service guy said there are 2 (one on each side). And one I figure out exactly *where* it is am I just putting a hydrophobic coating on the bumper in that area?

3-in-1 RV Care Dry Lube
https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-IN-ONE...D8StcqJ9Lvn2rU8lJg3drxzx3n-DHVIhoCu1oQAvD_BwE

The radar is the slightly larger sensor to the left (passengerside) of the middle device - which, btw is homelink.

Notice the groove in the foam bumper beam under the radar

DhJS0X5VAAAN2FU

Reactions: clostridium and Tam