Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to request or suggest features or superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered but I tried to do a search and never found anything. What is the preferred method for suggesting features and new supercharger locations? tweeting Elon, opening a chat line on Tesla support page? Or is there a link Tesla offers?

Because what you're asking for is probably not possible.

Tesla seems to think they know where demand is. They also know the limitations in getting infrastructure into places.

Some of the page views may be from web spiders crawling the site and may not reflect the actual number of human eyeballs.

You can certainly try to tweet Elon or initiating a chat session but I'd say don't get your hopes up too far.

All IMHO.

edit: Future hint... Use Google search string "site:teslamotorsclub.com" in your query. I just did one as follows:

site:teslamotorsclub.com request supercharger install

and it returned three hits as the top three:

Supercharger Location Requests
what is the proper procedure for suggesting a supercharger location?
Any tips on getting employer to install charging stations?

For Superchargers, it usually the city or town and/or business site that engages with Tesla. I'm not exactly sure how they go about that, but for ones that actually end up installed that I've seen, they're working with the city.

For other feature requests, basically can just forget about it. If they have an eye on the internet, they might see your comments somewhere if a bunch of people are begging for the same thing. Otherwise, there's no such thing as a direct line to talk to Tesla to request a feature these days.

Tesla doesn't care about your opinion.

Kind of harsh, but also very true. Tesla doesnt "need" spoken feedback from individual users over things like "where should we place a supercharger". They already have all the data they need in current supercharger usage, current sell through in various areas, locations their cars are driven, etc etc.

WAAAY more useful data than a bunch of users saying "we think you should put it "here" because thats convenient for me". They already know where the cars are, which superchargers are overloaded, etc etc. So, yeah they dont need anyones direct opinion on that.

As for features, there isnt any way that we know of other than tweeting elon for that, They also likely dont want to pretend to care about individuals opinions on it when they dont (they got rid of their press department, for example).

So, no there isnt any reliable way to get "feedback" to tesla for stuff like that. They likely have interns trawling forums to look at hot button issues, and basically humor elon for the rest;

TL ; DR -- So many views and no responses because there isnt any way to do what you want, because tesla doesnt want, need or care about that specific type of feedback, as harsh as it is to type it out like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: kpeng
Because what you're asking for is probably not possible.

Tesla seems to think they know where demand is. They also know the limitations in getting infrastructure into places.

Some of the page views may be from web spiders crawling the site and may not reflect the actual number of human eyeballs.

You can certainly try to tweet Elon or initiating a chat session but I'd say don't get your hopes up too far.

All IMHO.

edit: Future hint... Use Google search string "site:teslamotorsclub.com" in your query. I just did one as follows:

site:teslamotorsclub.com request supercharger install

and it returned three hits as the top three:

Supercharger Location Requests
what is the proper procedure for suggesting a supercharger location?
Any tips on getting employer to install charging stations?
Even though Tesla might not accept our features suggestions, May I propose that we still can collect our inputs for our enlightenment, maybe Tesla will read them. I have following 2 items for starters:

1. Trip Planning/Navigation: Since it's difficult for software to estimate how much charges will consume for the car to travel certain distance, due to weather, road conditions, driving habits, etc. my suggestion is the software allow a user specified amount, said 50 miles, as a buffer to navigate to the destination or next available supercharger station.
2. blind spot viewing area: It's a great feature to display left or right side blind spot view on the touchscreen. however the location and the size of the view is not ideal, it's hard for driver to see while making a turn. It will be nice to allow user to specify the location and the size of the view on the touchscreen.

Even though Tesla might not accept our features suggestions, May I propose that we still can collect our inputs for our enlightenment, maybe Tesla will read them. I have following 2 items for starters:

1. Trip Planning/Navigation: Since it's difficult for software to estimate how much charges will consume for the car to travel certain distance, due to weather, road conditions, driving habits, etc. my suggestion is the software allow a user specified amount, said 50 miles, as a buffer to navigate to the destination or next available supercharger station.
2. blind spot viewing area: It's a great feature to display left or right side blind spot view on the touchscreen. however the location and the size of the view is not ideal, it's hard for driver to see while making a turn. It will be nice to allow user to specify the location and the size of the view on the touchscreen.

Please direct your suggestions to Tesla's Chief Customer Service Officer, Waldo:

1658961453465.png