TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where to see 3 demo car in Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Quesder, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Quesder

Quesder Member

Hi All,
    my wife wants to see and sit in a real car before we make the order.
    The closest store to us is the Fremont service center, but I don't know whether they have 3 for Demo.

Where else can we see and sit in a 3 ? Or anyone volunteer to give us a chance to look and feel today/tomorrow? Thanks in advance.

2. RayK

RayK Member

Santana Row has a 3. Sat in it yesterday. As far as i know it has the Gen1 seats, if that matters to you.

• Helpful x 1
  3. GenSao

GenSao Member

Quesder,

Check out Model 3 is Arriving | Tesla for locations. I have been to the Walnut Creek location and seen the Model 3 twice there.

• Informative x 2
  4. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Member

Stanford has one in as well

5. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Try calling the stores around to see what colors they have.

6. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

I just hit the Model 3 link on Tesla's main page, and a pop-up offering me to enter my info to be notified when test drives would be available in my area appeared. Model 3
    So I did, and a few hours later, Tesla Corte Madera called!

7. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#7 SMAlset, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    I know Sunnyvale was getting one. I'd just call the closest Store to you and ask. BTW Elon said something like the stores would have cars for test drive in July, early to mid (posted June 2 and gave 4 to 6 weeks).

BTW the longer you wait to order gets you moved further back in the production line from what I understand.

• Informative x 1
  8. 1dirtypanda

1dirtypanda Member

Test drives available at Sunnyvale. Did one today. RWD only but all external colors are there, black interior .

• Informative x 2
  9. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

I signed up for a test drive on the Tesla site. Wonder when they'll call or email me. I received a call yesterday from Tesla Sunnyvale and thought maybe it was for the test drive (like wow how quick), but the guy was just checking to see I think if I had ordered yet before 7/1 since I had deferred on the RWD and indicated I wanted AWD. Had done so on the 26th but still want a test drive.

10. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Hey, just called the Sunnyvale location to see if I could get a test drive next weekend and found out that ALL the test drives are part of a special event and the cars will not be available after Thursday. Guess they move on to another location. So if you want a test drive, better call now and see what day and time slot you can get one. Think he said they were only available now on Mon, Tues, and Thurs (Wed. is July 4 so probably not there that day) and already booked for this weekend.

Guessing other areas in the State and around the country have a similar short period to test drive at those locations where the car is coming in.

• Informative x 1
  11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I was at the Burlingame Showroom/Service Center today and they had a red 3. There were a lot of people there.

12. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

I was at Sunnyvale today. I am really impressed with the model 3. I am looking forward to the S and X refresh.

13. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Yep, I got a call from Corte Madera Thursday evening and I was able to go for a test drive Friday afternoon in an MSM Model 3! I was told there were only three test drive vehicles in California and the Corte Madera store was one of the lucky ones.

• Like x 1
  14. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

I went for a test drive at Sunnyvale for my Tuesday apt. Drove up and it was BUSY. Had one of those high bar tables with long white tablecloth on it outside the wide open front doors and a sign on top the table (forgot what it said—thinking “sign in” or something like that). They were valet parking your car—it is limited space there—and checking people in for their test drives. I asked how many Model 3s they had for test drives and thought I was told something like 7. Think I saw a red, blue and silver while I waited. Drove their silver one. They were fully staffed and one of the guys was from the Monterey store to help out. While I was waiting, there had to have been at least 5 parties going for a test drive and there was another couple buying I think a Model S or X and going over the ordering on the computer. Don’t know what the other locations with test cars were like this week but for a before noon timeslot mid week I’d say they were doing well interest-wise. Even saw a family there with a young boy who looked all excited when they were checking out the Model 3 before their drive.

• Informative x 1
  15. JPP

JPP Active Member

Dublin has one in the store.