Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Where to shop for used Teslas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Has anyone created a good database of used cars for sale? Or is there a place that tends to get the best prices when buying?

I am frustrated that I want a cheap Model S with any AP, FUSC, and Air Suspension, but if I go on Cars.com or Autotrader there is NO WAY to filter for this. Not even sure EV-CPO or FindMyElectric or MyEV or OnlyUsedTesla.com can do this.

I have been using All Of Craigs to search for Tesla "Model S" "free unlimited" "air suspension" autopilot with limited success

Also, why isn't there a Chit-Chat for the Want to Buy section the way there is in the For Sale section? For that matter, why can't we post in the Marketplace section?

Last edited:
Has anyone created a good database of used cars for sale? Or is there a place that tends to get the best prices when buying?

I am frustrated that I want a cheap Model S with any AP, FUSC, and Air Suspension, but if I go on Cars.com or Autotrader there is NO WAY to filter for this. Not even sure EV-CPO or FindMyElectric or MyEV or OnlyUsedTesla.com can do this.

I have been using All Of Craigs to search for Tesla "Model S" "free unlimited" "air suspension" autopilot with limited success

Also, why isn't there a Chit-Chat for the Want to Buy section the way there is in the For Sale section? For that matter, why can't we post in the Marketplace section?
We have filters for AP and you can use our keyword search for supercharging and air suspension. We also just added a filter for "Number of Seats" as a lot of users requested that (looking for 6/7 seat Model X/Y). :)

Upvote 0
The Tesla buy/sell forum in FB is fairly active. Have you checked it out? For instance, there were a couple listed recently, one of them in CA (no affiliation to sellers).

Attachments

• B4343B97-822C-4540-9131-C7F8ECD77F59.jpeg
    B4343B97-822C-4540-9131-C7F8ECD77F59.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 0EC6C2FA-0F50-436A-B194-AB3960589857.png
    0EC6C2FA-0F50-436A-B194-AB3960589857.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • 374506B5-A6BF-4635-8A84-9B7A740D5FE4.png
    374506B5-A6BF-4635-8A84-9B7A740D5FE4.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • D4865201-EC9C-4558-97E2-A7EAC5CB56D9.png
    D4865201-EC9C-4558-97E2-A7EAC5CB56D9.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
Upvote 0

I'm about to start looking for my next S, and I'd love to see a "Marketplace discussion" section or similar. Most of the other car forums I frequent or have frequented have some sort of "Interesting [insert marque / model here] that I found on Craigslist / eBay etc" thread for discussion and / or flagging interesting cars. Also tends to be a place for "Look at this bargain" or "Oh my what a terrible wrap" or suchlike. How would the Mods feel about a similar thread here?

Upvote 0