Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to take M3 for alignment in Portland Oregon area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just recently installed coilovers and now looking for an alignment. The service center is majorly backlogged. Is there any shops in the area that people recommend that do a good job? I saw a local shop with good reviews in Gresham called One Alignment, and was initially told that it would be $150 for an alignment on my Model 3. But then, he changed his mind and told me since it’s a Tesla it’s actually $300 because they are “much harder to do.” This is absolute bullshit. I did the suspension work myself. It is no different then doing an alignment on ANY other car. I called him out and he started back tracking and telling me that oh well there are special panels that need to be removed. They are not being honest and charging me the good old Tesla tax. Does anyone know a shop that’s honest AND will care for my car and does good work?

Most tire places MIGHT handle it if they have a modern alignment rack and a sharp technician. You need to go in and ask to talk to their best alignment guy(or woman). Be friendly and you should be able to tell if the person is an enthusiast about his work, cars, EV.
Find someone who WANTS to work on your car.