Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to tint ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been shopping around for tint and PPF in the Sacto/Folsom area while waiting for my VIN. After some messaging back and forth, I visited Detail Maniac in Sacto and Premiere Auto Tint in EDH. Both shops were clean (critical for a dust-free installation IMHO), and were easy to communicate with. The cars in progress and the crew working on them looked impressive, although I’m no expert for judging their work skills. A third shop provided very little info through Yelp messaging and said I should call for more info. On my first call, I left VM; no reply. I called the next morning, the owner asked if he could call back in 15-30 minutes; no callback. I guess he’s too busy to want my business. I suggest you check any shop in person before letting them start on your car.

I’ve been shopping around for tint and PPF in the Sacto/Folsom area while waiting for my VIN. After some messaging back and forth, I visited Detail Maniac in Sacto and Premiere Auto Tint in EDH. Both shops were clean (critical for a dust-free installation IMHO), and were easy to communicate with. The cars in progress and the crew working on them looked impressive, although I’m no expert for judging their work skills. A third shop provided very little info through Yelp messaging and said I should call for more info. On my first call, I left VM; no reply. I called the next morning, the owner asked if he could call back in 15-30 minutes; no callback. I guess he’s too busy to want my business. I suggest you check any shop in person before letting them start on your car.
You may also want to consider Genesis Window Tinting. I just used them for Tint, PPF, and ceramic coating for my MY. I was very impressed with their customer service and the final product. I took my husband's M3 to a very popular shop in Sacramento and although it wasn't bad, the customer service at Genesis blew them out of the water.

I also recommend Genesis. They did a great job on my tint. If you just want to match the reads it's 25 front and 70 rears. I personally would go a little darker if I could do it again 20/50. The rears are just dyed no uv protection.
The glass itself blocks UV extremely well, no need for any additional blocking, that's just advertising hype for a superfluous characteristic.

You may also want to consider Genesis Window Tinting. I just used them for Tint, PPF, and ceramic coating for my MY. I was very impressed with their customer service and the final product. I took my husband's M3 to a very popular shop in Sacramento and although it wasn't bad, the customer service at Genesis blew them out of the water.
I always wondered about Genesis, I always drive by their Elk Grove shop and it looks so unassuming, as opposed to Wild Bill's gun shop lol.

I'll need to find a place to tint my MY when it gets delivered. How was the pricing for your PPF and tint?

Any recommendations of a tint shop near Rowland Heights in Socal? I am hoping on taking delivery by this weekend.

Thank you,
Depends how much you want to spend - G5 in Alhambra did a fantastic job with 3M Ceramic IR / 3M Crystalline ($700-900). If you want Photosync IRD it should be $1400 or so for all windows except roof in Brea. Lots of other less expensive places around too.

Reactions: Lucas007
I always wondered about Genesis, I always drive by their Elk Grove shop and it looks so unassuming, as opposed to Wild Bill's gun shop lol.

I'll need to find a place to tint my MY when it gets delivered. How was the pricing for your PPF and tint?
Yes very unassuming, especially compared to Wild Bills. Lol.

I’ll send you a DM with the pricing.

Do you mind share some picture for the scratches?
After they saw my Yelp review they contacted me to bring it back. They were confident the scratches could be polished out even though both Tesla and another shop said they were too deep. They tried for several hours but sure enough they didn't fully come out and left some distortion. We made a settlement where I agreed not to badmouth them further (and to revise the Yelp review), so I won't post pictures of the scratches here.

I will say that despite my original impressions, the staff, especially the manager, seemed to genuinely care. I was told the employee who they think caused the damage had quit a week ago. So it's possible I just got unlucky.

Still, if I were to do it all over again I wouldn't go with them. Their work area wasn't immaculate so it's no wonder there were a bunch of trapped dust particles.