Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where will TMY Performance for Europe come from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the moment if you try to configure Model Y performance (black or white) delivery estimate is March 2022.
But as far as I can see Giga Berlin is not approved yet and there is no indication on when it could start production.
And so my question, will Performance come from Giga Berlin, Shanghai or maybe Austin?
I doubt it will come from Texas, where Model Ys will be made with 4860 from the start. What are the chances of it happening?
Does Shanghai make Performance Model Y?
In the end, because of limited paint choice, I think it will come from Berlin, but with 2170 cells? Is it worth it for Tesla? Isnt it totally different assembly vs 4860 structural battery? How much time will it take to change production to 4860? Or do these changes doesnt require much time?
Am I naive in hoping for European TMY P with 4860? :)

At least some Model Y manufactured in Giga Berlin will have the 4680 cells from the beginning. Possibly some of the lower power Y's will have LFP battery packs. That is just a guess on my part. Musk has said that they will be supplying 4680's from CA until battery production in Berlin ramps up.