Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

where's 8.2? browser update? wishlist!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there was a lot of talk in the spring about 8.2 and now it's gone dark. i thought maybe with the model 3 unveil, but alas, no.

i keep holding out hopes for some UI tweaks too - although since most don't involve autopilot/autonomy they're likely to be low priority:
  • ability to set speed per road type OR within zones. i.e. in 35mph zone im willing to do 38, in 55 max speed is 60mph, 65mph - my max is 72, etc.
  • better visual indicator when you're over the speed limit (and/or your threshold) - currently it enlarges the speed sign in the display - should really box (or tint) it with a yellow, or red indicator yellow is over speed, under your max threshold - red over both
  • ui needs ability to tap and hold to expand a menu - i.e. heated seats - a tap increments as it does today, a hold brings up secondary menu to let me select setting, adds in access to the heated wheel settings
  • needs to remember heated wheel setting like seats; also access form within mobile app; or some form of intelligence based on a preference setting - outside temp below X;
  • ability to edit/re-order favorites
  • want the ability to switch between the new and classic dial gauge; future skins too; i.e. map takes over full driver display unit;
  • ability to interact with phone/messages/email
  • add a weather widget built into OS
  • spotify!