Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which adapter for Sun Country Highway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
I have been through the Sun Country website, and cannot determine what apparatus they use for their charging systems. It's a little early yet, but I am beginning to make plans for the drive back to Alaska. If I can use Sun Country's chargers for at least part of the Canada hop, that would be great. SCH's extant sites presently run, if spottily, as far as Fort St. John. That leaves me a further mere 1,390 miles...

All you need is the J-1772 adapter... I'd have a spare, in case you have any issues with the first one.
I'd also bring the UMC along with a variety of adapters, such as the 14-50 (for RV Parks), 6-50 etc, the 120V (for emergency charging)

Many of the Sun Country Clipper Creeks are CS-90's, so if you have dual chargers you'll get nice charge rate (near 45-50mph), still you'll need to charge for several hours at each stop.

Great. J1772 was what I was hoping would be right. And of course I'll have the 14-50, 6-50 and 120V.

To other Canadians: SCH's map shows a number of Best Westerns. Is it safe to assume that if they're on the map, they have charge sites already set up?

To other Canadians: SCH's map shows a number of Best Westerns. Is it safe to assume that if they're on the map, they have charge sites already set up?

Not really. I got caught by that once. The site showed the station, but the Best Western hadn't installed it yet. They mark future sites with a yellow marker and are getting better at distinguishing present sites from planned ones, but I'd call ahead if you're depending on it. Also, I know of at least one Best Western that advertises the Sun Country EVSE for guests only.