Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which adapters came with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery on 5/15/19 and received the 5-15, 15-50 and J1772 adapters. Did not receive phone charging cables. 05/2019 build date.

Interesting. That's why I made this post. It seemed a little gray as to whether the Model 3 came with the 14-50 adapter (J1772 aside). You probably meant 14-50 instead of 15-50, but you are saying that two adapters that fit the MC came with the car at no extra charge?

Last edited:
Interesting. That's why I made this post. It seemed a little gray as to whether the Model 3 came with the 14-50 adapter (J1772 aside). You probably meant 14-50 instead of 15-50, but you are saying that two adapters that fit the MC came with the car at no extra charge?

Yes, came with both adapters in the charging kit for free. (Sorry about the typo)

• Helpful
Reactions: CoastalCruiser
There's a 3rd party option. They took Tesla's Mobile Connecter and converted it for use with J1772 vehicles.

JESLA JR - Adaptor P - NEMA 14-50

Spice, the J1772 adapters they market seem to be a good product and are quite popular withe non-Tesla EV folks. However I think the Jesla adapter you linked to, which appears to mate with the Gen 2 charge cord that comes with the Model 3 (the don't show a full on picture of the adapter end, but the description notes 32A max) is a problematic product. Tesla made several changes to the Gen 2 cord and adapter in order to enhance safety, and I can tell you it is highly unlikely any Jesla adapter incorporates that technology.

I am preparing an article on the tech behind the Gen 2 Mobil Connector (which is why I started this thread) to explain its benefits. Will post the link here when the article is published.

Reactions: SpiceWare
At least keep 14-50 plugs in stock o_O

Would be nice if they weren't in stock that you could still order. I had to wait and keep checking many days after delivery because they were unavailable to order. They should at least be available in the Service Centers for purchase. Is this a move to try and force people toward the wall connector?

I guess I'll be J1772 for a while longer now.