Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Air Filter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Going to change the pollen filters myself, as the SC want 57 quid to do it.

Watched a vid on YT from the U.K., looks straightforward to be honest and I know people on here have done it.

Question is, what’s everyone using brand wise?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220407-211716_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220407-211716_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 340
Hi all

Going to change the pollen filters myself, as the SC want 57 quid to do it.

Watched a vid on YT from the U.K., looks straightforward to be honest and I know people on here have done it.

Question is, what’s everyone using brand wise?

Thanks.
OEM Model 3 Air Filter

How often should these be changed?
Recommended every 2 years in the Model 3, I'm not sure about Y as there is a different set up, but it'll be in the manual.

Reactions: Liquidv and M1tch
I had Tesla change my Model 3 cabin air filters after the first year, then again two years later. Each time the old filters were just nasty. Both times Tesla’s mobile service did the job at my home, US$70 the first time, US$64 the second time. Took 12 minutes each time.

I considered buying the filters from Tesla for US$34 and doing it myself, but for the extra US$30 or so I’ll save the contortionist activities on my non-athletic body. Also, if they can, they’ll apply any service bulletins at the same time as well as test tyre tread depth and set all tyre pressures. Well worth the cost to me.

Reactions: house9 and init6
Why would you need Tesla to fit them? It’s incredibly easy to do, Tesla even give step by step instructions on the air filter product page.
Note LHD and RHD are different - the Tesla animation will take you so far. This video from Cleverly EV is pretty handy. Appreciate not everyone will have the confidence, tools, time or inclination.

Why would you need Tesla to fit them? It’s incredibly easy to do, Tesla even give step by step instructions on the air filter product page.
Much harder on a RHD car, it's doable but it was a good 30 minutes of upside down under the drivers dashboard to do it. I guess it will be easier next time. You also need all the right sized tools. I can totally see why people get Tesla to do it at the same time that the brake callipers need lubricating and brake fluid checking. Entirely reasonable.

Note LHD and RHD are different - the Tesla animation will take you so far. This video from Cleverly EV is pretty handy. Appreciate not everyone will have the confidence, tools, time or inclination.

That video is for the pre 2020 M3, refresh (heat pump) models are now much easier apparently, this thread talks about it: