Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which all weather floor mat for Model X 6 seater do you have

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 6 seater set of Loyd's mats from EV Everything. I went with the Luxe carpet mats for for seating area and the all rubber mats for the frunk and trunk area. They were expensive but I'm pleased. Had them for a month now. The carpet are very cushiony. I especially appreciate that they have a strip that covers the dead pedal area on the driver's side. I usually buy Weathertech, but got tired of waiting and people gave good reviews of these. Glad I bought them.

I have the 6 seater set of Loyd's mats from EV Everything. I went with the Luxe carpet mats for for seating area and the all rubber mats for the frunk and trunk area. They were expensive but I'm pleased. Had them for a month now. The carpet are very cushiony. I especially appreciate that they have a strip that covers the dead pedal area on the driver's side. I usually buy Weathertech, but got tired of waiting and people gave good reviews of these. Glad I bought them.

We chose the ToughPro as well after reading several threads here. Good quality IMO though have not seen the other choices in person.

there is Topfit Customized Looped Floor Trunk Mat /Cargo Liners for Tesla Model X.
Tesla Model X mat 01.png
Tesla Model X mat 02.jpg
Tesla Model X mat 03.png

I have the Toughpro right now, look good and are fine. BUT, now that all the WeatherTech mats are starting to show up I'll swap to those. The mats are available in Tesla store for 2nd/3rd row, trunk/frunk already. WeatherTech said the front driver & passenger liners are almost ready to me yesterday, finishing development.

I'll definitely replace all mats with WeatherTech ones, and definitely the front liners. Their liners are leagues better than any mats out there as they are like cupholders if you live in nasty snowy/wet climates. The sides go up around edges as high as possible, protect deadpedal and around, and they are firm/more solid.

Those should be ready soon, then I'll be ordering the full set...

• Informative
Reactions: TacC and McManX
I have the Toughpro right now, look good and are fine. BUT, now that all the WeatherTech mats are starting to show up I'll swap to those. The mats are available in Tesla store for 2nd/3rd row, trunk/frunk already. WeatherTech said the front driver & passenger liners are almost ready to me yesterday, finishing development.

I'll definitely replace all mats with WeatherTech ones, and definitely the front liners. Their liners are leagues better than any mats out there as they are like cupholders if you live in nasty snowy/wet climates. The sides go up around edges as high as possible, protect deadpedal and around, and they are firm/more solid.

Good catch. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for this update!

I'm hoping to get my X by the end of December, so I'm no particular rush.

I've used WeatherTech before- buying them for my X would be more so because they're quite utilitarian. Unfortunately they're far from being aesthetically attractive after about a year's worth of use.

You guys see the new mats on tesla.com? I'm curious why they have VIN restrictions. For example this 2nd-row 6 seater mat says "THIS MAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MODEL X VEHICLES THAT HAVE A VIN GREATER THAN F022381" and my MX currently being build has a VIN of 23xxx. Wonder what recently changed with the 6-seaters.
Sounds like they made a change to the seat layout, which we haven't see yet because it hasn't been delivered. It would be great if someone who has a VIN higher than F022381 would chime in here.

The change could be very minor like Tesla changed the pedestal track slightly, so a new mat design is required. Or possibly they will start shipping 2nd row consoles that are not backwards compatible, so mats need to be designed around the console.

Or the change could be major, like Tesla replaced the pedestal with a MagLev seat, so the new mat design needs to be able to efficiently transmit EM forces to keep them in position.

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus and McManX

Just wondering if you received any updates from either Weathertech or Tesla? I contacted Tesla and they didn't know when they'd be available. I then contacted Weathertech, and they told me they'd have no information on it, and to contact my SC. Seemed a bit odd since they're making them, and they offer the S ones directly as well as through Tesla.