TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Which all weather floor mat for Model X 6 seater do you have

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vv132, Jul 22, 2016.

1. vv132

vv132 Member

Hey can anyone recommend all weather mats for their model x... or hear when tesla is going to release them? We have a 6 seater and would like to get them before winter.

2. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Ordered the all weather 6 seater EV Everything in yesterdays firesale ($301 for full set). No idea how's it's gonna workout.

3. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Was there a coupon?, was it yesterday ONLY firesale, dont see any today

4. Monkey

Monkey Member

Have the Lloyds Mats all-weather ones in my 6-seater. A couple quibbles about fit and finish, but they look nice and perform great. Look at the threads discussing them in the Interior / Exterior forum area.

5. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

No, e-mail alert @11am (7/21) listed as 48hr exclusive. Maybe only prior customers got notice, call them.

6. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

I have the 6 seater set of Loyd's mats from EV Everything. I went with the Luxe carpet mats for for seating area and the all rubber mats for the frunk and trunk area. They were expensive but I'm pleased. Had them for a month now. The carpet are very cushiony. I especially appreciate that they have a strip that covers the dead pedal area on the driver's side. I usually buy Weathertech, but got tired of waiting and people gave good reviews of these. Glad I bought them.

7. vv132

vv132 Member

would be nice to see some mats with some model x badging on it. TESLA lets gooo

8. MG1234

MG1234 Member

We chose the ToughPro as well after reading several threads here. Good quality IMO though have not seen the other choices in person.

9. JonnyStinson09

there is Topfit Customized Looped Floor Trunk Mat /Cargo Liners for Tesla Model X. Tesla Model X mat 01.png Tesla Model X mat 02.jpg Tesla Model X mat 03.png

10. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

20160613_140227sm.jpg

11. travwill

travwill Member

I have the Toughpro right now, look good and are fine. BUT, now that all the WeatherTech mats are starting to show up I'll swap to those. The mats are available in Tesla store for 2nd/3rd row, trunk/frunk already. WeatherTech said the front driver & passenger liners are almost ready to me yesterday, finishing development.

I'll definitely replace all mats with WeatherTech ones, and definitely the front liners. Their liners are leagues better than any mats out there as they are like cupholders if you live in nasty snowy/wet climates. The sides go up around edges as high as possible, protect deadpedal and around, and they are firm/more solid.

Those should be ready soon, then I'll be ordering the full set...

• Informative x 2
  12. TacC

TacC Member

Good catch. Thanks for the update.

13. SUMD

SUMD Member

Thanks for this update!

I'm hoping to get my X by the end of December, so I'm no particular rush.

I've used WeatherTech before- buying them for my X would be more so because they're quite utilitarian. Unfortunately they're far from being aesthetically attractive after about a year's worth of use.

14. martinicus

martinicus Member

You guys see the new mats on tesla.com? I'm curious why they have VIN restrictions. For example this 2nd-row 6 seater mat says "THIS MAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MODEL X VEHICLES THAT HAVE A VIN GREATER THAN F022381" and my MX currently being build has a VIN of 23xxx. Wonder what recently changed with the 6-seaters.

15. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Sounds like they made a change to the seat layout, which we haven't see yet because it hasn't been delivered. It would be great if someone who has a VIN higher than F022381 would chime in here.

The change could be very minor like Tesla changed the pedestal track slightly, so a new mat design is required. Or possibly they will start shipping 2nd row consoles that are not backwards compatible, so mats need to be designed around the console.

Or the change could be major, like Tesla replaced the pedestal with a MagLev seat, so the new mat design needs to be able to efficiently transmit EM forces to keep them in position.

• Funny x 2