Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which are the two closest Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Mt. Shasta superchargers are 0.3 miles apart (111 and 134 Morgan Way, respectively.)
The Fairfield superchargers are 1.3 miles apart, just across highway 80.
The San Mateo superchargers are 2.0 miles apart, just across highway 92.
The Sunnyvale and Cupertino superchargers are 4.1 miles apart (taking Wolfe/El Camino).
The Monterey Seaside and Del Monte Center superchargers are 4.5 miles apart.

Focusing on Monterey-Seaside: it's farther away from the other one than you might have thought.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
San Ramon, Dublin, South San Jose...all super close (>2mi?) and that’s just the bay area. There’s a number of close chargers down south too.
Downey has two that are 1.6 miles apart, but they're urban chargers. I guess we're counting those too? The San Jose ones were >5 miles apart so didn't list them. However, I forgot about the new Pleasanton supercharger next to Dublin! Those are only 2.3 miles apart.

(Might be time for a "Shortest distance between two superchargers" thread now...)
(Edit #2: well, that certainly didn't take long!)

Last edited:
...urban chargers. I guess we're counting those too?

Semantics to be sure, but given that typical user interfaces dont differentiate, the thought experiment would be confusing to more folks to exclude urban chargers unless described as ‘120kw+ only Superchargers.

The San Jose ones were >5 miles apart

South San Jose. They’re 1.9mi apart.

The Mt. Shasta superchargers are 0.3 miles apart (111 and 134 Morgan Way, respectively.)

Either driving from the motel down Morgan Way to the strip mall parking lot and heading for the chargers, or returning to Lake St. and entering the parking lot from the alley between the gas station and Black Bear Diner does not seem to be 500 yards. My rough guess is that those routes are less than a quarter-mile.

But on foot they are only about 75 yards apart.

There are 3 in downtown Miami, FL (Brickell) that are very close together. The closest pair aren't quite as close as Mt. Shasta's, but not much further. All 3 of them are within about 2-4 blocks from each other: Find Us | Tesla

Miami.JPG

Reactions: doghousePVD
Either driving from the motel down Morgan Way to the strip mall parking lot and heading for the chargers, or returning to Lake St. and entering the parking lot from the alley between the gas station and Black Bear Diner does not seem to be 500 yards. My rough guess is that those routes are less than a quarter-mile.

But on foot they are only about 75 yards apart.
All the distances I quoted came from putting the two locations into Google Maps as source and destination, and letting it plot the shortest route. For the Mt. Shasta case, I recall it went around the bend in the road, and did not cut through any parking lots.

I think the Superchargers at the Fallon Road exit on highway 580 may get the award. Both are on same exit.

One is on the south side of the highway at the outlet malls and has 20 stalls. The new one will open soon (equipment mostly in place) on the north side of the highway at Target and has 14 stalls. The distance between the two is less than 1/2 of a mile.