TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Which are the two closest Superchargers?

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by Randy Spencer, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

Other than Mt. Shasta, I think this is the supercharger with the closest next supercharger, in California anyway. It's just down the road a piece (peace?)

-Randy

2. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

I think the San Mateo ones are close to each other. But yes, Shasta takes the cake.
    I wonder if Best Western didn't want to give them more parking spaces in their lot to expand the original 4-stall SC..

3. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

I think the 2 in Fairfield are the second closest behind Mt. Shasta.

4. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

The Mt. Shasta superchargers are 0.3 miles apart (111 and 134 Morgan Way, respectively.)
    The Fairfield superchargers are 1.3 miles apart, just across highway 80.
    The San Mateo superchargers are 2.0 miles apart, just across highway 92.
    The Sunnyvale and Cupertino superchargers are 4.1 miles apart (taking Wolfe/El Camino).
    The Monterey Seaside and Del Monte Center superchargers are 4.5 miles apart.

Focusing on Monterey-Seaside: it's farther away from the other one than you might have thought.

• Informative x 1
  5. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

San Ramon, Dublin, South San Jose...all super close (>2mi?) and that’s just the bay area. There’s a number of close chargers down south too.

6. thecloud

#6 thecloud, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Downey has two that are 1.6 miles apart, but they're urban chargers. I guess we're counting those too? The San Jose ones were >5 miles apart so didn't list them. However, I forgot about the new Pleasanton supercharger next to Dublin! Those are only 2.3 miles apart.

(Might be time for a "Shortest distance between two superchargers" thread now...)
    (Edit #2: well, that certainly didn't take long!)

7. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

Semantics to be sure, but given that typical user interfaces dont differentiate, the thought experiment would be confusing to more folks to exclude urban chargers unless described as ‘120kw+ only Superchargers.

South San Jose. They’re 1.9mi apart.

8. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

The two locations in Madison, WI are less than half a mile apart.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. cpa

cpa Active Member

Either driving from the motel down Morgan Way to the strip mall parking lot and heading for the chargers, or returning to Lake St. and entering the parking lot from the alley between the gas station and Black Bear Diner does not seem to be 500 yards. My rough guess is that those routes are less than a quarter-mile.

But on foot they are only about 75 yards apart.

10. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

There are 3 in downtown Miami, FL (Brickell) that are very close together. The closest pair aren't quite as close as Mt. Shasta's, but not much further. All 3 of them are within about 2-4 blocks from each other: Find Us | Tesla

Miami.JPG

11. animorph

animorph Active Member

Scottsdale, AZ has two Superchargers 0.6 miles driving distance apart.

12. thecloud

All the distances I quoted came from putting the two locations into Google Maps as source and destination, and letting it plot the shortest route. For the Mt. Shasta case, I recall it went around the bend in the road, and did not cut through any parking lots.

13. Janus

Janus Member

Santana Row, and Santana Row valet (San Jose, CA). Same parking structure, just on different floors. :)

• Like x 2
  14. KathyApplebaum

Didn't see Folsom mentioned - Iron Point and Palladio are 4.4 miles apart, at opposite ends of Iron Point Road.

15. David99

David99 Active Member

The two in Las Vegas are close. One is on the surface level, the other one is in the underground parking. But they are virtually in the same spot. Las Vegas Alta Dr and Las Vegas Tivoli Village. They are about 170 feet apart from each other.

• Like x 1
  16. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I think the Superchargers at the Fallon Road exit on highway 580 may get the award. Both are on same exit.

One is on the south side of the highway at the outlet malls and has 20 stalls. The new one will open soon (equipment mostly in place) on the north side of the highway at Target and has 14 stalls. The distance between the two is less than 1/2 of a mile.

17. Sklith

Sklith Member

In Atlanta, we have two urban superchargers in the Lenox mall: One in front of the Tesla showroom, and another near the food court.