Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which autopilot functions does my car have?

Hello, All.

I’m taking delivery of a M3P (is that the right abbreviation for performance?) Tuesday. I didn’t upgrade the autopilot.

I’ve read about the enhanced autopilot and the full self driving option. There are only two options I had either the autopilot that comes standard or the FSD option for $6k.

So, which autopilot/functionality do I have?

Hello, All.

I’m taking delivery of a M3P (is that the right abbreviation for performance?) Tuesday. I didn’t upgrade the autopilot.

I’ve read about the enhanced autopilot and the full self driving option. There are only two options I had either the autopilot that comes standard or the FSD option for $6k.

So, which autopilot/functionality do I have?

As fas as I can tell, autopilot now = adaptive cruise control that will keep you in the same lane.
Everything else needs the FSD package.

You will have Autopilot. The car will not change lanes for you and exit highways, but it will drive itself as long as lanes are visible. you will not have summon or auto park.

It will drive itself, slowing down for traffic and steer for you, but you will need to either keep your hands on the wheel or nudge it every half mile or so. Autopilot is kind of a misnomer.

Reactions: billionaiire
So yeah....

LKAS (lane keep assist system)/auto steer will disable if you want to change lanes with loud dings. In other words, it's an almost pointless, annoying feature.

TACC (traffic aware cruise control)/the other half of 'AP' is very good until the forward cameras see shadows from an overpass. Then it's really good for making you, your passengers, and the drivers around you crap the pants & possibly cause an aneurysm. It also exponentially increases your probability of getting rear ended, decreases the life of your brake pads and tires. :D

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC