Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Betas at Denver and Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robert.Boston

Model S VIN P01536
At the Model S event in October at Fremont, there were 3 betas: white, red, and black. These are the only ones we've seen since.

But:

1. Black: currently at Santana Row, remains there at least through Feb. 1 per my email with my customer rep.
  2. White: currently at Fashion Island; my customer rep told me it would be there during the first full week of February.
  3. Red: currently at Bellevue Square, listed on Events page as staying through Jan. 31
So, what are the Betas that are going to the Denver (Park Meadows) Beta Prototype Tour event starting today, and the Miami (Dania Beach) Beta Prototype Tour starting on January 26? These must be two new vehicles! Presumably, with new interiors...

Coloradans, we want reports and pictures!

Florida

The vehicle coming to Florida should be the one from Detroit, posting from here:

....this is the Shasta White Beta used at the October event. I believe it is VIN #14.
attachment.php?attachmentid=3891&d=1326774227.jpg

So, what are the Betas that are going to the Denver (Park Meadows) Beta Prototype Tour event starting today, and the Miami (Dania Beach) Beta Prototype Tour starting on January 26? These must be two new vehicles! Presumably, with new interiors...
No unfortunately the Shasta White Beta is not new according to George Blankenship.

Widodh is right. The white car in Detroit is the same one from the October event at the factory...the one some of you got to ride in :) GeorgeB

Larry

Holy cow, I'm in Dillon, CO right now and had no idea a Beta was coming to Denver today. With all the snow last night I'm not sure I can justify the time it would take to get down there and I fly out pretty early tomorrow morning. This could be my only chance to see a beta before I take delivery this fall.

Park Meadows gets number 23, so it is one of those that has been produced on the production line. It's Sig Red. Confirmed with them a couple of weeks ago.

Nice! As Robert said, tons of photos/videos please!

Holy cow, I'm in Dillon, CO right now and had no idea a Beta was coming to Denver today. With all the snow last night I'm not sure I can justify the time it would take to get down there and I fly out pretty early tomorrow morning. This could be my only chance to see a beta before I take delivery this fall.

Try to get down there, Evan! I'm sure the airline can accommodate a change to a later flight tomorrow (if you can spare the time).

A correction, it's No. 22. It is Sig Red. It's the one that was in the Nvidia booth at CES. I think that those that are expecting significant changes to the interior will be disappointed by this iteration. There are a couple of tweaks but the interior still does not feel like a finished product. There were some loose pieces of plastic trim in a couple of spots. The touchscreen is trimmed out in a quarterround of brushed nickel that softens it just a bit. The tray that would be a center consol looks just a bit beefier than befor. Cup holders look the same. The seats are the perforated tan leather and seem very similar to the October beta seats. They are still sticking to the "90% of what you see here is final" company line.

One thing that looked slightly different is the front grill. The black plastic piece covering the grill now covers the entire grill, like on the Alphas. They couldn't say whether that is final or not.

I have some pics and a vid of the touchscreen walk through. Not sure if they are worth posting since it seems redundant.

@Kroneal - That's very different from the pic that Lloyd posted.

Edit:
Also "new to me" in Lloyd's picture vs. the Betas:
- the side mirrors don't have the silver/chrome band
- the lower lights have a different look to them, more recessed I think

Last edited: