TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Which Betas at Denver and Florida?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Robert.Boston, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

At the Model S event in October at Fremont, there were 3 betas: white, red, and black. These are the only ones we've seen since.

But:

1. Black: currently at Santana Row, remains there at least through Feb. 1 per my email with my customer rep.
    2. White: currently at Fashion Island; my customer rep told me it would be there during the first full week of February.
    3. Red: currently at Bellevue Square, listed on Events page as staying through Jan. 31
    So, what are the Betas that are going to the Denver (Park Meadows) Beta Prototype Tour event starting today, and the Miami (Dania Beach) Beta Prototype Tour starting on January 26? These must be two new vehicles! Presumably, with new interiors...

Coloradans, we want reports and pictures!

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Florida

The vehicle coming to Florida should be the one from Detroit, posting from here:

3. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

No unfortunately the Shasta White Beta is not new according to George Blankenship.

Larry

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Holy cow, I'm in Dillon, CO right now and had no idea a Beta was coming to Denver today. With all the snow last night I'm not sure I can justify the time it would take to get down there and I fly out pretty early tomorrow morning. This could be my only chance to see a beta before I take delivery this fall.

5. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

Park Meadows gets number 23, so it is one of those that has been produced on the production line. It's Sig Red. Confirmed with them a couple of weeks ago.

6. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Nice! As Robert said, tons of photos/videos please!

Try to get down there, Evan! I'm sure the airline can accommodate a change to a later flight tomorrow (if you can spare the time).

7. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

I'll probably cruise over there today. I am really close. I am not that much of a photographer and not very tech savvy, but I can try.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Anybody have a picture of the VIN location in the Model S?

9. DrDave

DrDave Member

I bet it will be Black

10. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Robert,

I was just at Bellevue Square on Monday. They have the black beta, which I think was the engineering prototype.

11. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

A correction, it's No. 22. It is Sig Red. It's the one that was in the Nvidia booth at CES. I think that those that are expecting significant changes to the interior will be disappointed by this iteration. There are a couple of tweaks but the interior still does not feel like a finished product. There were some loose pieces of plastic trim in a couple of spots. The touchscreen is trimmed out in a quarterround of brushed nickel that softens it just a bit. The tray that would be a center consol looks just a bit beefier than befor. Cup holders look the same. The seats are the perforated tan leather and seem very similar to the October beta seats. They are still sticking to the "90% of what you see here is final" company line.

One thing that looked slightly different is the front grill. The black plastic piece covering the grill now covers the entire grill, like on the Alphas. They couldn't say whether that is final or not.

I have some pics and a vid of the touchscreen walk through. Not sure if they are worth posting since it seems redundant.

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'd like to see the dash pics if possible. Trying to chronicle its evolution in hopes of getting a glimpse of where it's headed.

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Any pics of this?

14. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

25-tesla-model-s-development.jpg
    Attached

15. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Thanks and...woah.

That's the first pic I've seen of (what appears to be) a body-colored nose/grille. Not a big difference for black, but for every other color that's significant.

16. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

Here is the grill.

Attached Files:

• 040.JPG
      040.JPG
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  17. robaross

robaross P4550

I thought there was some concern about one piece seats, but isn't there is an adjustable head restraint on the passenger seat?

18. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

and the touchscreen. It looks the same in the photo but when viewed live, the trim around it is a little different.

Attached Files:

• 046.JPG
      046.JPG
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  19. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

The front seats were still one piece headrests. I didn't notice if the back was adjustable or not.

20. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#20 brianman, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
    @Kroneal - That's very different from the pic that Lloyd posted.

Edit:
    Also "new to me" in Lloyd's picture vs. the Betas:
    - the side mirrors don't have the silver/chrome band
    - the lower lights have a different look to them, more recessed I think