Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which broker/interface do you prefer? (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US
It's nice to know I'm in the 0.1% ;)

When are you going to transfer off Robinhood? I was so close to doing it but the interface of the damn thing is just too good. It is pretty unsecure. It logs you in without username/password or pin on their website if there's a cookie. I don't know how that can happen. And it logs you in forever. Haven't once asked me for any certification yet since I logged in for the first time months ago.

When are you going to transfer off Robinhood? I was so close to doing it but the interface of the damn thing is just too good. It is pretty unsecure. It logs you in without username/password or pin on their website if there's a cookie. I don't know how that can happen. And it logs you in forever. Haven't once asked me for any certification yet since I logged in for the first time months ago.

That's really, really bad... my broker app uses Face-ID for login on the phone app, and 2-factor authentication QR-code scanned by the phone app to login to the web app. I'd be worried if it was less.

That's really, really bad... my broker app uses Face-ID for login on the phone app, and 2-factor authentication QR-code scanned by the phone app to login to the web app. I'd be worried if it was less.

Mine uses geo-location tracking services and cross-references your island registration to make sure it's really you trying to log in :) :)

The phone at least ask for a pin. But on the computer it's absolutely trash. Most reputable broker logs you out after 30 mins. Robinhood is never.

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67

Was thinking RH was bad, but now TOS(ThinkOrSwim), Ameritrade desktop is down for 2 days.
Luckily mobile is still working, and I ain't trading at all.

It's nice to know I'm in the 0.1% ;)

Not going to lie, I have been using RH for years and am a big fan. I would say 90% of the Millennials/Zoomers in my office and circles of friends use it along with an IRA or other big boy brokerage.

While yes, there are tons of 1-5k accounts, there are many well north of 6 digits.

Reactions: Big Earl
I’m using National Bank website, it’s so terrible.
i’m Thinking of becoming a Robinhooder. What are the fees?

I didn't go to Robinhood from Etrade, because I think they couldn't do transfer of shares. I think they can send them, but not accept them.

If this has changed, let me know. TDAmeritrade is not laid out very well.
You guys should check out IBKR. It's not as pretty as Robinhood, but it's not sketchy and still has a really good format. I bailed on RH when their servers blew up back in Feb. That could have cost me a lot of money.

You guys should check out IBKR. It's not as pretty as Robinhood, but it's not sketchy and still has a really good format. I bailed on RH when their servers blew up back in Feb. That could have cost me a lot of money.

I tried them. I hated the constant double authentication to log in, each and every time I wanted to check my things, even on things like my personal computer.

No thanks.

I don't know about the website - I only use the phone app, which requires face ID or phone password to open (configurable security settings). I have other investments in ML, but Robinhood is where my TSLA is. I have no plans to transition off of it because, as you say, the interface is good and their monthly fee for Gold is, in my opinion, a reasonable deal. Thanks to the invaluable information from all of the folks in this thread, my TSLA holdings on Robinhood are two orders of magnitude higher than the range you describe for the average Robinhood user.

Last edited:
I have been using Robinhood for around a year. I really like it. The options trading interface is quite good and very easy to use, which is why I assume it’s the platform of choice for gamblers.

Fees are $5/mo for the Gold account, which gives you Level 2 data, instant funds benefits, and margin at 5%.

The big downsides that I have found thus far are a lack of joint accounts, and a lack of being able to name beneficiaries. So once the account had a reasonable sum of money we wasted no time in adding it to a trust.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl