Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which buttons do you have muscle memory for on the main display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Discoducky

P100DL, 2021 M3, 4 CT reservations and counting
Supporting Member
Dec 25, 2011
My mountain
Controls - bottom left, then charge port is right above it to the right. I can hit it without looking ;)

Also, turning temp up and down from the scroll wheel on the steering wheel is easy enough without looking. Not to mention all the access through the steering wheel buttons like Voice commands (which work well for me so they get a lot of use), Media type, volume and power usage telemetry.

I don't use the phone connectivity as I don't believe in talking on the phone while driving (distracted driving) or playing music from Bluetooth (sound quality)

The one that I don't have muscle memory for is the sunroof as I always reach for the ceiling. But don't worry, I still reach for the key about once a week on the steering column.:redface:

I can hit the controls without even looking.

I am also about 90% accurate hitting the lower frame "expand" button. No looking. I go to the bottom left corner, and move my finger up the edge, then press on the button. As I normally have maps full screen, but will bring up the media screen every now and then.

I can control the sunroof eyes free with the scroll wheel. I have it pull up the menu, but I always leave it on sunroof. Three clicks of the wheel closes it (or vents), two and three scrolls will open to 100%.

I also can volume up and down, using the passenger side screen. But find that completely useless I have the steering wheel roller.

I am also very proficient at favoriting a Slacker song 'Media' -> 'Favorite Button' -> 'Expand Maps'.

I also don't talk on the phone, even hands free. But I do listen to my Radiolab podcasts from phone over Bluetooth. Set that up while parked though.

None, but really I only use the climate controls when moving. It would be really nice to have a few detents in the bezel around the display, then you could easily find things without looking.

Well, since I mostly drive the Tesla, I'm doing OK and getting better. I have almost stopped flipping that stupid cruise control stalk when I want turn signals.

What I do have a problem with is remembering to use the 'hockey puck' drive selector in the LEAF. Keep reaching for the lever and turning on the wipers.:redface: