Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Car Should Replace the DeLorean in a "Back to the Future" Remake?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I hope this remake doesn't happen.

The Roadster would be good, so would a Pagani Zonda R.

My top pick would be the electric Mercedes SLS. It keeps to the movie's architype of gullwing doors and it further promotes EVs.

car_photo_378010_7.jpg

While Doc Brown was great, he did get it wrong in not ditching the ICE and making the Delorian's drivetrain electrical in the first place (realized in Part 3). :wink:

Yeah.. given that he basically had unlimited electricity from Mr. Fusion, you'd think he would have thought to wind an electric motor. He had time to make that model train which ironically ran on electricity.

Also, you'd hope that by 2015 (only 4 years and a day from now!) that he'd be able to get an EV conversion before a hover conversion.

Last edited:
Heh. I think most of the joke with the Delorean in the first place was that the car was a dog and only a crazed maniac would chose it for the time machine.

Sooo, in that realm...

Pontiac Aztec
Hyundai Velocitor (or w/e it is called; the 3 door thing)

As a past owner of a Delorean, I can tell you: 1) no remake is planned for the film, and 2) Delorean owners would riot if a Delorean wasn't used.

Trivia: the original plan for the time machine in BTTF was a refridgerator. Then a Mustang car. Then a Delorean.