Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which car to get AFTER Model S?

Which car to get AFTER Model S?

• Keep P85 out of warranty and drive for a long time, eventually buy another 911 as second car.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Sell P85 for Porsche Taycan in early 2020.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Buy another CPO Model S (Newer, less miles, AWD).

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Buy base model 3 (I had a preorder that I cancelled. I can't imagine spending Model S CPO $$ on a 3)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Sell P85 for a 911 until I have kids, then go back to Tesla when kids are born.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other??

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am facing a privileged conundrum.

Which car to get after Model S?

Currently have a 2013 P85 (Currently 73k miles) CPO with Warranty to 92k miles or 2/2020 (bumper to bumper), and powertrain til 3/2021. It's still light years ahead of most other cars. Love that it has no AWD, sensors or autopilot.

I used to have an Air-cooled Porsche as a 2nd car that I miss dearly. Would love to get another 911 some day but can't imagine pumping gas on the daily.

My P85 is so great in every way, I'd keep it for a long while out of warranty if it wasn't an early production. I'm just concerned about the potential many nickels and dimes that could go toward a new car with warranty.

I use the train most weekdays now so I don't drive enough to justify 2 cars.

If you could chime in on my Poll or with other options, I'd love to hear what anyone else who had an early Model S has done.

Thanks!!

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and yak-55
I have a 2015 85D Model S CPO. Definitely like it a lot. Just got an AWD Model 3 as well. I’m blown away by how fun the Model 3 is. I like smaller, racier cars though. Have owned a couple 3 series BMWs, WRX, etc.

My friend with two Porsches and a Jag F-type SVR is equally as blown away by my Model 3. In other words, it’s totally worth the money.

Edit: I also owned a 2013 RWD Model S CPO before the 85D.

Reactions: mblakele
Sell the P85 now, with warranty, resale could be higher and get a 997.2 If you long for a 911, in the end that will make you happy.

I am in the same boat as you, have a P85, CPO warranty till Jun 2020. My son has his own car and drives his brother to and from school, so I could use something smaller, fun, maybe a coupe. Cars on my list are...

13+ Granturismo, 997.2 or M4 maybe a Performance Model 3, it fits the small and fun category. I have a very short commute and could use a weekend car as a DD.

Last edited: