TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Which Center Console should I get?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by weasel314, Dec 27, 2014.

1. weasel314

weasel314 New Member

I have a Tesla center console on order but I have seen several after market designs that look really nice (aventelle.com, evannex.com, TeslaAdditions.com). Has anyone seen these in person? What are your thoughts?

I'm getting tired of waiting for my carbon fiber console from Tesla.

2. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Have not seen the aftermarket consols but after a year without one I had the Tesla consol installed last month and love it. Looks nice and cleans up the floor area all junk out of sight. The only issue I had was the stitching on my car was black and the stitching on the new consol was white, so dyed it to match.

3. sperrysburg

sperrysburg Member

I just bought the evannex CCI (obeche gloss) and it looks pretty nice. I think the center console from Tesla is actually a little bit better design with more storage but I think the ease of removal by the owner is an important feature of the evannex model. For long trips I know I want the cupholder but many people here say that they like the openness for day to day driving. Remove-ability lets you enjoy both depending on the nature of the trip. Unless I'm mistaken, the Tesla console needs to be installed by Tesla and cannot simply be lifted out like the evannex CCI.

4. Odenator

Odenator P2607

I have the EVAnnex carbon fiber CCI, but have the Tesla CCI on order for my new P85D. I love my current CCI but the reason I chose the Tesla model was because of the improved storage space and built in iPhone holder.

5. tliving

tliving Member

Depends on how long you want to wait for one too. I've been on the wait list for the Tesla one since March 8... I don't like the designs of the others. The Tesla one seems best for what I want (best cupholder solution).

6. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Try calling your service center, I just got one and the tech said there are plenty now. May vary depending on location.

7. Firewired

Firewired Member

It's your's Piano Black?

8. Twoeagle

Twoeagle Member

Have been on the wait-list for a CF-Console since nov 2013. Hope it´s coming soon.