Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which center console, Tesla or EVAnnex?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla center console on display at the CM delivery center looks ok.
Reviews of EVAnnex are very positive
Price is essentially the same.

Does anyone reasonably near Huntington Beach have either version that i could see before buying?

The better question is why I need to pay $500-600 to fill the gaping hole in the interior of my $90,000 automobile. Shrug. Not like it actually gave me a moment's pause.

I love my CCI by Evannex. It is wrapped in Carbon Fiber, has the storage I need, and a very usable cup holder. Just from what I have read it seems a better value and of more utility and mobility(can be easily user removed to be used in a new car). Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

Peace,
Father Bill

I love my CCI by Evannex. It is wrapped in Carbon Fiber, has the storage I need, and a very usable cup holder. Just from what I have read it seems a better value and of more utility and mobility(can be easily user removed to be used in a new car). Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

Peace,
Father Bill

Well, I doubt that I will be replacing my as yet undelivered Model S anytime soon, but I guess that might be an incentive to get the same upholstery and trim if I did. :)

I bought the Evannex one because it was the only one that matched my trim. The Tesla one only comes in carbon fiber trim.

However, after driving the car and being the envy of every mom out there due to the yacht floor and space for my purse, I have just returned it.

I like my Tesla one. It has tons of storage under the sliding top.

The storage aspect is the critical item for me on this topic. Maybe I am messy (my spouse might say so!) but I would like a place to put various odds and ends (phone charger, pen and notebook, a pill bottle, few other things) that I want within reach and the glove box is not convenient for these things. I can live with the Tesla cupholders in the armrest, I think (although ones in a better location wouldn't hurt). Right now, the odds and ends are just rattling around in the tray along with my cellphone. So I'd be interested in comments about the two center consoiles in terms of space to store "stuff." I can see the cupholders and cellphone caddy features in both designs, but assessing the storage space from photos is harder (and people do not tend to comment on it so much as on cupholders, finishes, build quality, and cellphone features..

FWIW, the Tesla optional front center console comes only in piano black. It's an easy DIY to put carbon fiber wrap over the single piano black segment of the top -- that's what I did to match my Carbon Fiber Trim. If you have either of the wood trim options, you'll have to live with the small piano black section.

I'm not a messy person, but found the MS interior to just be lacking in practical storage space easily accessible to the driver... Glove box is small. There are no door pockets to speak of, and while the space between the seats may be good for some, and there is the strange little cubby that things can slip out of beneath the 17" Display because there is no door on it, I don't carry a purse but need a place to keep my spare mini umbrella, my dog's leash, wrap-around Maui Jim sunglasses in their case that won't fit in the glove box or cubby, and a few tidbits like some breath mints, a couple quarters, spare 2032 battery for my FOB, and a spare USB-to-Lightning cable... Net for me is I can't stand rattling, so an open floor between the front seats is a no-go for me. I went with the Tesla console vs. the Evannex -- IMHO the Tesla version has a bit more space and options if you want to have another 1 or two,cup holders of various sizes, but Tesla did a <>%-poor job on the details compared to the optional rear console and rest of the MS. I will never understand that. It has issues that can be overcome with things that can slip beneath the back charger area that can be near impossible to get back out if you don't prevent the problem in the first place, and if you are the type that throws your cell phone, keys and like on top of the center console sliding covers when you get I into the car (I'm not), then accelerate, well, you may loose things under the cubby until you accelerate and stop fast enough for it to slide back the other way... Again, that can be resolved with a quick DIY but didn't need to happen if Tesla would have been just a little more attentive to their front center console design. Despite all that, I'd still buy the Tesla Center Console again -- cursing that it wasn't standard all over again. ;)

… and there is the strange little cubby that things can slip out of beneath the 17" Display because there is no door on it,

I just saw on EVAnnex a cubby door that comes in all matching trim finishes. Installs with peel and stick glue strips. $99 to $119. Might be tricky to install with a Tesla console already in place.

Do you ever venture up Costa Mesa way? I have seen the console on display there but not installed in a car.

FWIW, the Tesla optional front center console comes only in piano black. It's an easy DIY to put carbon fiber wrap over the single piano black segment of the top -- that's what I did to match my Carbon Fiber Trim. If you have either of the wood trim options, you'll have to live with the small piano black section.

I'm not a messy person, but found the MS interior to just be lacking in practical storage space easily accessible to the driver... Glove box is small. There are no door pockets to speak of, and while the space between the seats may be good for some, and there is the strange little cubby that things can slip out of beneath the 17" Display because there is no door on it, I don't carry a purse but need a place to keep my spare mini umbrella, my dog's leash, wrap-around Maui Jim sunglasses in their case that won't fit in the glove box or cubby, and a few tidbits like some breath mints, a couple quarters, spare 2032 battery for my FOB, and a spare USB-to-Lightning cable... Net for me is I can't stand rattling, so an open floor between the front seats is a no-go for me. I went with the Tesla console vs. the Evannex -- IMHO the Tesla version has a bit more space and options if you want to have another 1 or two,cup holders of various sizes, but Tesla did a <>%-poor job on the details compared to the optional rear console and rest of the MS. I will never understand that. It has issues that can be overcome with things that can slip beneath the back charger area that can be near impossible to get back out if you don't prevent the problem in the first place, and if you are the type that throws your cell phone, keys and like on top of the center console sliding covers when you get I into the car (I'm not), then accelerate, well, you may loose things under the cubby until you accelerate and stop fast enough for it to slide back the other way... Again, that can be resolved with a quick DIY but didn't need to happen if Tesla would have been just a little more attentive to their front center console design. Despite all that, I'd still buy the Tesla Center Console again -- cursing that it wasn't standard all over again. ;)
Yes, my husband curses it, too, but since this is MY primary car, I am so happy to have that space for my purse. I've lived for too long with my purse squashed between my left leg and the driver door or thrown on the floor at some kid's foot. I guess Elon did make one for the women after all, but he maybe didn't realize it!

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
I just saw on EVAnnex a cubby door that comes in all matching trim finishes. Installs with peel and stick glue strips. $99 to $119. Might be tricky to install with a Tesla console already in place.

Do you ever venture up Costa Mesa way? I have seen the console on display there but not installed in a car.

the EVAnnex cubby door is simple to install even with the tesla console installed.

the EVAnnex center console (CCI) comes in all matching trims and is simple to install. I usually take it out and put it in my loaner if my car goes to the SC. Just enough closed storage from my needs. the cup holder is much better than the factory armrest cup holder (I keep my J1772 adapter there) for those that need a 2nd cup holder there is an insert that fits into the storage area.

the tesla center console? it wasn't available when I got my CCI and I don't think I have ever seen one in a car.