Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which (classic) car would you like to see converted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1994 Nissan 300 ZX Twin Turbo.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Brando
I have a 1987 Saab 900 Cabrio similar to the one in photo, which is in need of a lot of work to get to that condition. Whilst I'm not going to be doing any of that work, as I have been thinking of resurrecting it, I have been wondering about finding someone who can restore it for me, and at the same time, convert it. I'd love to have that car road worthy again, and it would make a fabulous EV!
saab-900-cabriolet-roadster-1987-silver.jpeg

E46 M3. Chassis can handle alot more than the ~350hp they were shipped with. There were companies adding up to 600-700hp via a supercharger and putting incredible track times. Plus its a classic design, modern safety systems and you can probably find plenty of higher mileage vehicles for <$10,000

E46 M3. Chassis can handle alot more than the ~350hp they were shipped with. There were companies adding up to 600-700hp via a supercharger and putting incredible track times. Plus its a classic design, modern safety systems and you can probably find plenty of higher mileage vehicles for <$10,000
Used BMW much cheaper, for sure. Is a modified Model 3 competitive?? We may need to wait 6-9 months to find out.
Tesla Model 3 Beat Porsche In Time Attack Race

I'd love to convert my 2000 Land Rover Discovery to electric. It's a beast of an off-road and snow vehicle that deserves to live a longer life. Currently 190,000 miles and burning oil so I'm afraid it might need a new engine and transmission. Body is in great shape. If I could remove the engine and transmission and gas tank, lots of room for batteries.
Land-Rover-Discovery-2000-1.jpg

I'd love to convert my 2000 Land Rover Discovery to electric. It's a beast of an off-road and snow vehicle that deserves to live a longer life. Currently 190,000 miles and burning oil so I'm afraid it might need a new engine and transmission. Body is in great shape. If I could remove the engine and transmission and gas tank, lots of room for batteries.
View attachment 319762
Many companies will convert to battery - IF you want a project you could Do It Yourself.
google searches will find many resources
EVWest is just one of them.

1949 Mercury Coupe with Tesla twist

icon-1949-mercury-coupe-ev-derelict-1.jpg

The coolest part is under the hood. The battery controllers and some of the Tesla-sourced batteries (there's a full 85-kWh set of Tesla batteries spread around the car) are placed underhood and slightly resemble a V8 engine. The electric motors, which make roughly 470 lb-ft of torque and the equivalent of about 400 horsepower, reside where the traditional transmission would be. Even the underhood wiring gets a vintage-style woven cloth loom. The EV conversion was "co-engineered" by Icon and Stealth EV.
Icon Derelict 1949 Mercury Coupe is peak SEMA with an electrifying twist

Into an EV... Mine is the Citroen DS. Haven't seen too many projects that feature a DS EV.
As a matter of fact, I have seen only one.... that runs out of juice after 100 km.

citroen-ds-buying-guide-and-review-1955-1975-5340_14463_640X470.jpg

Why the DS?
That car was meant to move people in all comfort and silence.
It has lots of space in the front, and some in the back, to put the batteries.

Here is another list:
Pure awesomeness: Top 10 EV classic car conversions

What's yours?
I appreciate I am late to reply but I am currently having a Citroen DS converted, we are using a Tesla model S motor and 12 model S packs. Hoping to have it fully restored and completed in approx 3 months.

Reactions: voyager and mspohr
Reactions: mspohr