Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which color do you prefer your Roadster 2020?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The original Roadster had many more color options than the other Tesla cars. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that continued to be true of the new ones. I suspect that almost no one would want a Model S in "Very Orange" (which was an aptly named color), but they sold Roadsters with it.

Just a reminder from an old timer…
color-kit.jpg

Those were the paint and seat color options from the 1st gen Roadster. The one paint sample in the middle is Signature Green, which was only available to the first 100 cars. It may also have been possible to get custom paint from the factory if you were a real VIP or if you backed up a truckload of money to their door.

Not saying these will be the same colors available for the new Roadster, but I would be shocked and dismayed if they only have the same very limited palette as other Teslas today. That's just not gonna fly with a $200K+ sports car.

On the other hand… Vinyl wrap color change wasn't really a thing back in 2008. If I'm not happy with Tesla's color options, I wouldn't hesitate to get Midnight Silver and then wrap it in something more vivid… like 3M Atomic Teal or maybe Green Envy.

What are the names of the paint colours shown here?

Just a reminder from an old timer…
color-kit.jpg

Those were the paint and seat color options from the 1st gen Roadster. The one paint sample in the middle is Signature Green, which was only available to the first 100 cars. It may also have been possible to get custom paint from the factory if you were a real VIP or if you backed up a truckload of money to their door.

Not saying these will be the same colors available for the new Roadster, but I would be shocked and dismayed if they only have the same very limited palette as other Teslas today. That's just not gonna fly with a $200K+ sports car.

On the other hand… Vinyl wrap color change wasn't really a thing back in 2008. If I'm not happy with Tesla's color options, I wouldn't hesitate to get Midnight Silver and then wrap it in something more vivid… like 3M Atomic Teal or maybe Green Envy.