Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which color goes best with Deep Blue Metallic - grey or tan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered my Tesla last week and only have another day or so to change my mind on the color. I don't like dark interiors black is out. I'm definitely keeping the blue exterior. I like the tan interior better but my wife says that the grey "matches" much better. Would love to hear what others think. Thanks!

So I ordered my Tesla last week and only have another day or so to change my mind on the color. I don't like dark interiors black is out. I'm definitely keeping the blue exterior. I like the tan interior better but my wife says that the grey "matches" much better. Would love to hear what others think. Thanks!

I'm sure the Swedes will disagree with your wife ;) Blue/tan is my favorite. Tan makes it warm and festive on the inside, blue cool and composed on the outside. Nautilus is my third car with this combo, would have been the fourth if Honda allowed it, had to go with green/tan on the CR-V.

It's to bad Tesla's tan is so bland.

Maserati, Volvo and RR got it right.

283833.jpg

My car is Deep Blue Metallic with the tan leather, and I'm very happy with it. I suggest you check with your local Tesla store to see if they can find an inventory car in the color scheme you're considering, so you can have a look.

IMO the grey leather seats go together perfectly with the deep blue metallic exterior (see pics here). My previous car was similar blue with black leather, but now I like the contrast with the grey better plus it brightens up the interior. matches very well with black headlinder and CF trim, too

I think the current blue looks fantastic with any of the available interior choices for the Model S. If you are getting grey I would recommend the black headliner.

My own choice was solid black exterior, piano black wood (matches the exterior and extends the mirrors), beige next gen seats + premium interior + black alcantera headliner. At night with the revised more powerful dome lights, the interior is stunning. I have had many positive compliments from first-timers. Before I got the car I really didn't think it would create much of an impression. People love to rub the dashboard and the headliner..."wow suede, that looks expensive!" :)