Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which color goes best with Deep Blue Metallic - grey or tan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with the tan with black headliner. The contrast with the outside as well as the two tone effect works much better than the grey IMHO. The grey as well as the black are a little to monochromatic for my taste since the S insides are a little austere to begin with. Also went with the front and rear consoles for more storage

Last edited:
The tan leather was much lighter than I expected when I took delivery, almost bordering on a cream color. Will require frequent cleaning over time. Hope still looks nice 4-5 years from now, or it might hurt resale value. If I had to do it over I would go with one of the darker leathers.

Tan (actually cream yellow) blends very well with white alcantara - enhances the sense of spaciousness. I always thought gray is a sad color. Black is very elegant, but the car will feel dark, Tesla still has to work on the interior lighting.

Found them.
P1010546.jpg
P1010545.jpg
P1010544.jpg
P1010543.JPG

I got gray to go with my Silver Metallic paint, and I was concerned that it might look too cold. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how warm it looks. It looks almost tan. I received it March 15, 2015. I don't know how much any one color might vary from year to year.

The tan leather was much lighter than I expected when I took delivery, almost bordering on a cream color. Will require frequent cleaning over time. Hope still looks nice 4-5 years from now, or it might hurt resale value. If I had to do it over I would go with one of the darker leathers.

My car is 3 years old with about 65,000 miles. The tan interior looks good as new. I do agree it's a bit lighter than I expected. I'm pretty sure the very early 2012 I test drove was a darker tan.

You should tell the golden beaches, azure skies, and topaz waters of the Caribbean to check their calendars and immediately turn gray and black like their petrochemically polluted brethren in Bayonne and Brighton Beach ;)

Last petrochemically polluted water I saw was on the gulf coast. It consisted of tan sea scum with a blue film on the water!:biggrin: