Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which CPO Should I Buy? Between these two...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to buy something quickly, so I've narrowed my search to CPO's in my local area, Denver.
These are the only two worth looking at. What are your thoughts?
Is the Pano roof and 25,000 miles worth $10k?
Neither of these have a heated steering wheel.

2014 P85D
37,687 miles
$87,500

Black Solid Paint
Body Color Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Dual Chargers
Autopilot 1
Premium Interior Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

OR

2014 P85D
13,767 miles
$98,000

Black Solid Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Dual Chargers
Autopilot 1
Premium Interior Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Rear Facing Seats

- If you have a significant other, what are his/her thoughts on the subject?
- Décor difference shown but you didn't discuss.
- Both have front NG seats, but you have to ask them to physically check (the VIN lookup won't say) if the rear are NG. Do you have a preference for NG or non-NG for rear seats?
- Do the rear facing seats have any present or near future value to you? If not, will the wasted trunk footwell space bother you?
- Is 25,000 worth >= $10k? I think so (and I believe the market agrees).

- If you have a significant other, what are his/her thoughts on the subject?
- Décor difference shown but you didn't discuss.
- Both have front NG seats, but you have to ask them to physically check (the VIN lookup won't say) if the rear are NG. Do you have a preference for NG or non-NG for rear seats?
- Do the rear facing seats have any present or near future value to you? If not, will the wasted trunk footwell space bother you?
- Is 25,000 worth >= $10k? I think so (and I believe the market agrees).

I do prefer the look of piano black vs carbon fiber.
I haven't thought about the rear NG's. I forgot the timeframe and VIN range when Tesla installed those.
The rear facing seats would not be needed and the rear footwell space would be used.
I'm rationalizing the high mileage with the CPO 4y/50k warranty.
The pano I do kinda want but for $10k, ugh.

I want to buy something quickly, so I've narrowed my search to CPO's in my local area, Denver.
One more question that was triggered by your phrasing...
Did you narrow this down by yourself (maybe with ev-cpo.com) or with assistance from a Tesla employee? I highly recommend using the former for a quick price calibration but the latter for actually finding a car that you want to buy. I used that approach on 12/31/2016 for the vehicle I put a deposit on.

Also, make sure you use a referral code (yours if you own a Tesla already) or someone else on the forum if not. $1,000 for you in it. If you don't have a code already, find someone on the forum to PM asking for one.

Good hunting!

One more question that was triggered by your phrasing...
Did you narrow this down by yourself (maybe with ev-cpo.com) or with assistance from a Tesla employee? I highly recommend using the former for a quick price calibration but the latter for actually finding a car that you want to buy. I used that approach on 12/31/2016 for the vehicle I put a deposit on.

Also, make sure you use a referral code (yours if you own a Tesla already) or someone else on the forum if not. $1,000 for you in it. If you don't have a code already, find someone on the forum to PM asking for one.

Good hunting!

I assumed the referral code was only for new cars, not CPO...?

I'm using EV-CPO and Brent Seavy

I assumed the referral code was only for new cars, not CPO...?
Better check that assumption: I don't think you get either one on a used car, since someone else already has received it. (Even for a NEW (e.g., inventory) car, Colorado won't pay if it has more than 1,500 miles on it, according to my OA in Denver.)

True - only available for new cars under 1,500 miles

Apparently, the original Subzero did not include the heated wheel. This was added to the package around ~VIN 70000 (Spring 2015)

Not exactly true.

I took delivery in late December 2014, my VIN is 64227, and I have the heated steering wheel. The week my car was being built was the first week they started including it, and it was initially only included for three very cold regions. Tesla then slowly expanded the regions that received it until it was part of the cold weather package everywhere.