Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Essential Extras.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jackal42... Are you basically suggesting everything is essential apart from the stereo and the colour choice ?

The only essential option is to go for the S85 or above with maybe tech. pack.... (Remember FYA and BIK are great, but every pound you spend over a base 60 will be worth 43p in 3 years time.)

I have a 60, and it suits me perfectly, but I only do 9k miles per annum. I spent the difference on a second car that goes round corners properly and I can take on a track (to me this was the essential upgrade ;) )

@Jackal42... Are you basically suggesting everything is essential apart from the stereo and the colour choice ?

The only essential option is to go for the S85 or above with maybe tech. pack.... (Remember FYA and BIK are great, but every pound you spend over a base 60 will be worth 43p in 3 years time.)

I have a 60, and it suits me perfectly, but I only do 9k miles per annum. I spent the difference on a second car that goes round corners properly and I can take on a track (to me this was the essential upgrade ;) )

Not everything but certainly lots of it I believe is essential, but as we've both shown it's really down to your own requirements with the selection you go for and nobody is right or wrong on the matter.

Sorry to sound thick but can you explain the base 60 / 43p part a little more.

Yes 60 sounds perfect for your needs, I plan on doing road trips across Europe in mine so the extra battery/dual chargers etc would be essential for my needs especially as the inner kid decided it would be a great idea to order the D. Please don't tempt me with a track car as well, I'm still in the bad books with the Mrs for the Tesla ;)

Hi Everyone, well we went to see Mo @ West Drayton today and decided to order anyway, regardless of the Tax Implications we need to have our Tesla. So, its deposit paid & order processed, just have to wait now until late April/May. Thanks for all the help & guidance everyone & I look forward to catching up with you all again soon...
We went, Standard White, Pano Roof, Tech Pack, Dual Chargers, 19" Rims, Standard Interior...

Not everything but certainly lots of it I believe is essential, but as we've both shown it's really down to your own requirements with the selection you go for and nobody is right or wrong on the matter.

Sorry to sound thick but can you explain the base 60 / 43p part a little more.

Yes 60 sounds perfect for your needs, I plan on doing road trips across Europe in mine so the extra battery/dual chargers etc would be essential for my needs especially as the inner kid decided it would be a great idea to order the D. Please don't tempt me with a track car as well, I'm still in the bad books with the Mrs for the Tesla ;)

the 43p is based on Tesla finance guaranteeing a buy back value on your car after three years, they promise 50% of the base option (S60) and 43% of all optional extras (including 85Kwh battery), this means you will get 50p per pound spend on the base model and 43p of every pound spend on extras.