Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Forum To Post Tesla Auto General Content?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you are asking a question or writing a help piece that is not Model Specific where do you put it?
Example: EVE Connect for Tesla app. This tells you your status of the garage from anywhere. Like MyQ does.
But there are many other such non-model specific Tesla questions that are not stock pricing.

Often forums have a General area (not off topic, or TSLA/SpaceX/Solar/PW) to discuss tech that is focused.

And if you can show me your dead horse, I'd love to beat it with a "For Sale - Model S/X sub-forum" since the there is near zero overlap with Model 3/Y items, and not everybody puts the model in their title. There is certainly enough traffic in the Parts For Sale area to break it down to two compatible groups.

Example: EVE Connect for Tesla app.
So that could probably go in the Software Updates forum: Software Updates
Perhaps the description of that forum should be a bit more broad. We have a few forums that are for non-model specific topics, such as Autopilot, Software, Supercharging. Also many general Tesla topics can fit in the Tesla Inc. forum.

Any other non-model-specific Tesla topics that for which you feel we would need a forum?

And if you can show me your dead horse, I'd love to beat it with a "For Sale - Model S/X sub-forum" since the there is near zero overlap with Model 3/Y items, and not everybody puts the model in their title. There is certainly enough traffic in the Parts For Sale area to break it down to two compatible groups.
Sure, we are aware of this issue and are working on a solution.

Reactions: MXLRplus
Any other non-model-specific Tesla topics that for which you feel we would need a forum?

Not off the top of my head.

There are certain topics that apply to all Tesla cars, or all Tesla TSLA stock, or all Tesla Energy (other than cars).

Most have been covered. And there is a downside to too many sub-forums. If the traffic to them is not high enough they atrophy and create 'lost' content that may be significant. And which moderators get so bored they scan posts in a ghost town for improper content? Once the novelty of moderating wears off, doing chores seems to fall by the wayside. This is why some of the biggest flame wars start in regional forums.

In any case, creating new sub-forums should always consider the amount of content per day. If there are less than 10 posts per day in a sub-forum, they tend to atrophy.

The Model 3/Y really changed the landscape of Tesla Motors. The switch to the Model S had little effect since Roadsters did not sell very many. Then the addition of the Model X occurred and still didn't change much because the S & X had more in common than differences. But the Model 3 seems to have attenuated a lot of the MS/X content postings.

Tesla's number one customer type is now a Model 3 owner. So the demographic is changing. And it will affect sub-forum traffic. If Parts For Sale becomes >90% Model 3, readers might use other venues to advertise their Roadster/S/X parts, which would be a shame.

The biggest competition for web forums today is Facebook, which is a tragedy. I don't see that being an issue for TMC at this time, but keep one eye down the highway.