Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which has lower depreciation percentage - MY Perf or MY AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like 1 comment each way. My sense is this is more about supply and demand. Looking on autotrader about 30% of the listed cars are performance models. Do we know what the ratio of performance to LR is for new car sales?
It's not supply and demand on the new side. There is no production limitation on one versus the other.

Your must solid inference at this point is to look at the Model 3 which suggests my comments about the performance version are correct.

Reactions: Stealth.Pilot
Performance since it’s more rare.
It's still too early in the lifecycle to predict with certainty, not enough data.

In general higher end trims depreciate more because used buyers are generally more price sensitive.

That and people will assume a Performance model is more likely to be abused.
Ding ding ding, you sir are correct, I paid 69k back in March 2020 for a Y PUP, for giggles I asked for a trade-in quote last week, Tesla offered 41.7, Carvana 47 Vroom, 46 that's with 25k miles 0 mistreatments or track(still waiting on track mode Elon...) and perfect care. Performance depreciated faster than the wife YSR, lol.