Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which ICE SUV that has comparable autopilot system to Tesla's autopilot on highway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I am in the market of a ICE SUV for long road trip to back country. I currently drive model 3 every day for work and use autopilot feature on highway drive 90% of time. I wondering if there are any SUV out there that have comparable autopilot system to Tesla's on highway drive or at least close to it? Thanks! Thought I should ask here since some model 3 owners may have a 2nd ICE SUV.

Q4 and classic e-tron probably have different systems.
The ID.4 works great and Q4 will probably use that system since they share platform. Pretty similar to Tesla AP3 but the "go with the flow", blended interface is better IMO.

BTW, on ID.4 one taps the accelerator to resume in stop&go. After ca.3-4 (?) minutes at complete stop, it disables.

Reactions: run-the-joules
I heard that Volvo's highway autopilot is very similar to Tesla's, with good automatic steering and OK adaptive cruise control. I was told it even works on certain roads in cities similarly to FSD, for example it stops at red lights. It requires you to have your hand on the steering wheel, just like Teslas.