Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which is better for groceries (Milk)? Frunk or Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
which will cause food to spoil less quickly?

one one hand, the frunk seems insulated and no direct sun. but the trunk may have more ventilation from AC while in the car. also you can leave the AC on in the car/trunk if you want.

need to leave some milk in the car for an hour in the hot texas sun tomorrow...

which will cause food to spoil less quickly?

one one hand, the frunk seems insulated and no direct sun. but the trunk may have more ventilation from AC while in the car. also you can leave the AC on in the car/trunk if you want.

need to leave some milk in the car for an hour in the hot texas sun tomorrow...

I would put it in front of the rear seats and leave the A/C running.

Wait, you're going to *stop* driving? :wink:

For what it's worth, the trunk doesn't seem to stay as cool as the main cabin when the A/C is on - I suspect this is due to direct sunlight and proximity from A/C vents. We noticed this on a recent trip where my dog (happily) rode in the trunk area. I'm not sure about how effective the A/C is at cooling the frunk. My guess is the best place would be in the "smuggler's compartment" under the regular trunk floor, which is out of the direct sunlight but gets some benefit from the A/C.

Floor of front passenger seat, Climate adjusted to LO temp and Foot Vents, and either set it to Camping Mode with the 3rd party Remote S app, or restart the climate every 20 minutes with the Tesla app.
Cooler and ice is the shorter but valid answer.

I always figured the frunk was better than the trunk because there is no radiant energy from the sun beating in from the hatch window in the frunk. No doubt front floor is the coolest place. However, most grocery stores now ask you if you want ice on your cold things. I almost always decline as I figure that if it hasn't caused a problem yet, it's not going to do so now. Of course, I also have never had very far to go between home and the grocery store. YMMV.

Or just buy ultra-pasteurized milk like the rest of the world... I grew up on this stuff. You can leave it unrefridgerated for like 6 months.

I just recently saw my local grocery store sells it. Of course, they keep it in a fridge for who knows what reason :rolleyes:

Or just buy ultra-pasteurized milk like the rest of the world... I grew up on this stuff. You can leave it unrefridgerated for like 6 months.

I just recently saw my local grocery store sells it. Of course, they keep it in a fridge for who knows what reason :rolleyes:

This would be my suggestion as well :) I have milk shipped to me off Amazon, and it does just fine leaving it unchilled for weeks as I get around to it. Super cheap and super convenient.