Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which is better- Higher mileage 75D or lower mileage 85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, interested in your thoughts, I am looking to buy a model S and have a couple of strong options for a similar price-

2016 85D 104k miles
2017 75D 122k miles

I am comfortable with high mileage, I won't do many miles and it is best balance of affordability for me. Free supercharging not important.

Which would you go for and why?

I'm torn between lower miles, better performance 85D and higher miles but newer (face lift) 75D. Resale not critical as aim to keep a long time, but would the facelift be better in the future? Especially if I put 50k miles on each so 172k v 154k? Or will they both be essentially worthless 5years and 50k further down the road?

Thanks in advance.

Supercharging is mostly an issue only if you plan to put a lot of miles on your car.

The difference in the miles (122k vs 104k) isn't all that significant. The battery size isn't all that different, either: The "85" was really closer to "81". What additional features does the 75D have? If it has the enhanced autopilot, I'd go with that and not look back.