Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which is better? More range or free Supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a hypothetical about my upcoming towing plans that I’d like to pose. I currently own an MX with lifetime free supercharging. I am considering replacing it with the Cybertruck. The plan would be to go full time or near full time.

So here’s the debate: Would the free supercharging be more beneficial or would the (potentially) longer range and extra capabilities of the Cybertruck outweigh it?

We’d charge so much at campgrounds, maybe the supercharging would be a moot point?

I have a hypothetical about my upcoming towing plans that I’d like to pose. I currently own an MX with lifetime free supercharging. I am considering replacing it with the Cybertruck. The plan would be to go full time or near full time.

So here’s the debate: Would the free supercharging be more beneficial or would the (potentially) longer range and extra capabilities of the Cybertruck outweigh it?

We’d charge so much at campgrounds, maybe the supercharging would be a moot point?
I would go with range. It's a PITA to unhook the trailer to charge IMO. Longer range, maybe you can skip some SCs. I'm in the same situation, my MX has free supercharging. I have a Cybertruck on order and plan to use it as tow vehicle instead. It is more capable, has more room, won't be stressing the vehicle towing at the max. weight limit. I also think I will carry a spare for the truck and the trailer and the equipment I'd need to change a tire. Currently risking no spares because of weight and room. I wish Elon would offer free supercharging as an option to add on!

Would the free supercharging be more beneficial or would the (potentially) longer range and extra capabilities of the Cybertruck outweigh it?
If you can afford a Tesla and a nice RV then the cost of paid Supercharging seems trivial. Since towing decreases EV range dramatically, I would go with more range.
I would go with range. It's a PITA to unhook the trailer to charge IMO.
It takes me about 2 minutes to unhitch for charging and 3 minutes to hitch up. Not a big deal in my opinion.