Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which is the best App to use for remotely accessing the Tesla?

Which mobile operating system are you using for your mobile phone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Remote S app still supported by the developer? When I try to launch the app on my iPhone X with IOS 11.3 the app instantly crashes. I noticed that the developer has not updated the app in the last three months.

I noticed that Telsa Toolbox app was updated a few days ago to include a lot of new features. I purchased that app a while ago but decided to use Remote S instead because it had more Apple Watch support. But the new update of Tesla Toolbox describes much more Apple Watch functionality. But when I launch Tesla Toolbox on my iPhone, it immediately presents an app log in screen. There is no place to select “create an account” and I do not have an account for Tesla Toolbox. I have used this app before the update and did not have to create an account to use the app. Has anyone figured this out?

Is the Remote S app still supported by the developer? When I try to launch the app on my iPhone X with IOS 11.3 the app instantly crashes. I noticed that the developer has not updated the app in the last three months.

I noticed that Telsa Toolbox app was updated a few days ago to include a lot of new features. I purchased that app a while ago but decided to use Remote S instead because it had more Apple Watch support. But the new update of Tesla Toolbox describes much more Apple Watch functionality. But when I launch Tesla Toolbox on my iPhone, it immediately presents an app log in screen. There is no place to select “create an account” and I do not have an account for Tesla Toolbox. I have used this app before the update and did not have to create an account to use the app. Has anyone figured this out?

It's seems that Tesla severs are down for now... For that reason, Remote S crashes.

There is an official support thread for Remote S on the Tesla forum. Allen actively supports the app and takes requests for features also.

As was said, having an app that has tons of features and also works with the Apple Watch is great. I bet there are features those that have it don’t even know about because the doc is a bit hidden (need to tap on the name at the top).

(No connection except a happy user!)

OK figured it out! The watch app failure was not the fault of the app but rather Tesla had locked me out of my account claiming I entered the wrong password too many times. I had to update my account information on the Tesla site and once that was done, I was able to log into the app and it is now working.

The strange thing is the Tesla app on my iphone was able to log in just fine and now I can't so I had to fix that on my iphone with the new log-in.

My password contains a zero and I might have entered a O instead when I used the watch draw to text function to enter the PW. There is no keyboard on the watch screen as it is too small so you have to draw each letter number symbol which is a PIA process. Anyway all is good now.

I am using the Tesla Remote app on my iPhone 11 with IOS 14, and my Apple Watch S4 with watch OS7 and everything works.

Last I tried the Tesla app it wasn't compatible I will look again.

Can you put the SOC on the face as a complication. The latest app called Watch for Tesla allows this and then tapping on it takes you into more details including controls. I use it most often to open the charge port when connecting a non Tesla charger. I also have one for my Nissan Leaf on the upper left corner. The SOC in Yellow circle constantly monitors with no need to refresh when charging

IMG_1999 Tesla .png

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
The IOS app that I referred to is actually called Remote for Tesla, and it can be used to show an Apple Watch complication with the amount of miles remaining on the battery. The complication looks similar to the one you posted in the photo.

Can you put the SOC on the face as a complication. The latest app called Watch for Tesla allows this and then tapping on it takes you into more details including controls. I use it most often to open the charge port when connecting a non Tesla charger. I also have one for my Nissan Leaf on the upper left corner. The SOC in Yellow circle constantly monitors with no need to refresh when charging

View attachment 592561

View attachment 592561
Good tip, I Installed Watch for Tesla. Nice to have SOC as a complication......

Just in case you didn't know this yet, if your Model S is unlocked, just briefly press on the charge port door and it will open for you - quicker and more convenient than using any app.
I should be more clear-
At home I am not using a Tesla charger but another brand. If I don't have my FOB with me I use the app to open the port. I'm actually using the Nissan J1772 charger which is good enough at 7.2KW.

The IOS app that I referred to is actually called Remote for Tesla, and it can be used to show an Apple Watch complication with the amount of miles remaining on the battery. The complication looks similar to the one you posted in the photo.

I saw that one too but at $29.99, was too pricey when the competition is 10% of that. It has other features I was not interested in.