Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which map layout do you prefer to use?

Which map layout do you prefer to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually use North Up mode while driving, but I was playing around in navigation views and started using what I call Compass mode (arrow always up). It has a lot of advantages that North Up doesn't: the way the map tilts on Compass mode makes seeing distances on the map much easier at a glance. Also, I noticed that it fixed something I've always wanted on the Nav: when there are two navigation... instructions (?) in close distance to each other, it'll show both of them, instead of showing one, then showing the next one that was 100 ft after the first one (usually after I already missed that turn).

So, that got me thinking... Which map layout do you prefer to use and why?

Compass Mode is also called Track Up Mode

I used all three on the one trip I've done, switching between them as necessary. Sometimes it's good to see the entire route and how far along you are, sometimes it's good to see the picture like a map and sometimes it's good to just see it like you're driving it, so you can visualise that the next junction say is at the two o'clock position

I heard they switched from a Portrait Mode screen in the original S and X to Landscape Mode in all the vehicles partly because they figured we'd all be watching Netflix or browsing and Landscape was suited to that. Makes sense, but I have to say in Track Up Mode, the Portrait Mode screen was certainly the way to go

My PriusV (I know I know. Got to stop banging on about it) also had an Oblique Mode which was like you were flying overhead, looking down at what was in front of you. A little confusing at first, but quite useful once you got used to it

Reactions: DblOSmith