Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which NEMA Adapters to carry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What tool are you using to search for campgrounds with 14-50?
RV Trip Wizard, and filter for 50 Amp. Most campgrounds with 14-50s do not show up on Plugshare. There are probably other search tools for campgrounds. Note that campgrounds that say 30 A mean 30 A @ 120 volt, not 240 V. They usual connector is a TT-30.

If you are really out there (I have been planning a trip to Alaska, and a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Baji California) search for welding shops, garages, etc. with welding. Just about every welder will have a 50 amp outlet, typically a 6-50. You'll have to call them, of course. I've done this in Maine with a boatyard, which used a 10-50 for their welder.

Along the shore, many marinas may have 50 A receptacles. You'll need to confirm which marine twistlock they use, and you'll probably will need a 14-50 extension cord.

rvparky.com looks like a fantastic resource. Though I'm fairly certain it's missing a LOT of locations. I've only spot checked but in areas I'm familiar with there are many more campsites with RV power.

I also find it odd they only reference 50A for filtering and not 30 or 15. But whatever - 50 is the one that matters ;)

Attachments

• RV-Parky_Filter.PNG
    RV-Parky_Filter.PNG
    708.5 KB · Views: 43
I also find it odd they only reference 50A for filtering and not 30 or 15. But whatever - 50 is the one that matters
Well, they have the two filter checkboxes. There is one for just electric hookups, which would include 5-20 and TT-30, and then there is the one for places that also have the "50 amp", which would also have 14-50 outlets. So you can kind of filter either way with or without those two selections.