TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

which nozzle on pressure washer to clean MX?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by vv132, Apr 22, 2017.

1. vv132

vv132 Member

Hey guys,
    Wanted to get some foam cannon cleaning going to clean the MX. Was wondering which nozzle on the pressure washer do you guys use to safely clean the MX. Also any power washer recommendations would be great.

Or do you think its safe to just take it to a car wash....which doesnt seem like it.

Thanks
    V

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Hand wash only.

• Like x 1
  3. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I stick to 40 degree nozzle and electric pressure washer. This blows off the heavy dirt prior to hand washing and aids in rinsing with minimal water use/waste.

Here are some (long and often boring, also overly-detailed but intriguing) videos to watch:

I use this pressure washer which I find to be JUST FINE despite this one-sided whiny review:

4. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I only use pressure wash to apply soap, never to clean. Definitely hand wash the dirty stuff. Ceramic coating is almost a must, if you want to keep the soft Tesla paint looking good.

5. tlouden

tlouden Member

I use electric with 40 as well. Make sure to stay a few feet away from the paint (a bit hard for the roof) as the output is very powerful. I slipped once and a finger got in the stream for a split second; the part that went in the stream was gone. Even at 40 degrees, if you get too close you'll destroy your paint.

6. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Pressure wash a car.... oh no! For the sake of your car, only use spray bottle with Optimum No Rinse (or a bucket) and some microfiber towels.

• Funny x 1
  7. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

LOL - not if you live outside of California where we get dirt, snow, mud, etc. if my car is a little dusty I will use waterless but the heavy dirt needs to be rinsed first.

8. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

LOL, we get a little snow in CA (taken last weekend);) IMG_1917.jpg

• Like x 1
  9. Drewflux

Drewflux Member

I use a 90 degree nozzle foam cannon presoke. Then 2 bucket hand wash, low pressure rinse to sheet water off. Electric leaf blower/ microfiber towl dry.

• Like x 2
  10. loganintx

loganintx Member

I only hand wash mine and it turns out great!
    Here's what you'll need:
    1. A bucket
    2. A wash towel like this - Amazon.com: Korean Plush Edgeless Detailing Towels 16"x16" 4-pack (Blue): Automotive
    3. A drying towel like this - Amazon.com: Zwipes Auto 892-2 Microfiber Premium Plush Cloth, 6-Pack: Automotive
    4. A No Rinse wash like this - Amazon.com: Optimum (NR2010C) No Rinse Wash & Shine - 8 oz.: Automotive

There's plenty of YouTube vids to show you the method. I use 2 gallons of water total to wash my car now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7LiR1l9ZVk