Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which paint color caliper should I get ?

Which color should I roll in ?

• Red

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Gold/Yellow

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Gloss/Matte/Satin Black

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Bright Blue

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Orange

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I'll admit it. I can't afford a P100D, but like the red caliper styling.

It's a Metallic Silver Model S 100D with 21" Sonic Twin Carbons

This place I'm going to does them in different colors.

Would I stand out like a pariah if I choose something other than red ?

I've heard rumors of choosing Gold/Yellow adds +50bhp

• Funny
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I say go with Red - keep it Tesla :-D

I'm going to get my calipers painted next month. I have an S85... but I'm making some Tesla upgrades... (the P85D appearance package lol)

What I've added so far: 21" Grey turbines, Tesla carbon fiber spoiler, and the Tesla metal performance pedals.

All that's left now is to paint the calipers red :-D

Upgrading to the nicer seats would really pull it all together, but I think thats kinda overkill - for me at least.

But i say - maybe the boring answer - go with Red :-D

Everyone and their mother in the car world has red calipers. It's beat to death and boring IMO. If you're going to spend the money to do this aftermarket go with a unique color. Personally, I just did my brake calipers in Porsche Mexico Blue.

I went outside the box with mine, might get them installed this weekend if I get motivated enough.

Attachments

• 20180620_194509.jpg
    20180620_194509.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 280
Never understood the attraction of highlighting a mechanical component that I really don't think is supposed to be seen in the first place. Reminds me of my High School days when guys would spray paint their rear differential orange for some reason.

Well... it's the same with any cosmetic "sport" change (like the carbon fiber spoiler), which really doesn't matter for performance. High end sports cars started using Red for their calipers long ago, so now red== performance, and a car with red calipers "looks" fast.

But they are still sucky Tesla brakes that would never make it on the track.

I love the look myself, so I painted mine red :) I also got the 21" turbines, which I think look awesome and fast... but after driving a loaner S with I think 19" wheels (maybe 20's), I realize it actually handles better and smoother on the taller tires.

As for other colors, I don't believe that the association with green/blue/black/etc. has been made to performance, which is why I call those colors "look at me", or "be different". All my silly perspective, but I would stand behind the basic notion that red triggers "performance" in most people's minds.

Never understood the attraction of highlighting a mechanical component that I really don't think is supposed to be seen in the first place. Reminds me of my High School days when guys would spray paint their rear differential orange for some reason.