Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which panels are now offered by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is very little information available about the specific solar panels now being used by Tesla. A friend has been told that only Hanwha Q-Cells are being offered with the new pricing and on-line configurator. Is it true that Tesla is no longer offering Panasonic panels or can those still be ordered at a different price point?

I had a choice to pick Hanwha or Panasonic cells for the same online price. Panasonic cells have higher efficiency but the all black Hanwha cells looks nicer on my roof. Also, Tesla was not offering side skirts for Panasonic cells when my system was installed later last month. So I went for Hanwha cells.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Hanwha was the only thing offered in my June quote. Inverters switched back and forth from Solivia and Solar Edge. They offered solar edge at no additional cost when i requested microinverters. They said they only offer solar edge for roofs with shading issues, which mine has, but interesting they didn't offer until I asked, then they went back to Solivia in a redesign and I had to push again for the Solar Edge. Full disclosure, I did do lots of redesigns, even after contract when they don't me they could not downsize the inverter to the size I requested.