TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Which questions would you like to be asked at the Q2 Earnings Conference Call Aug 7th

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Benz, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Benz

Benz Active Member

Which questions would you like to be asked at the Q2 Earnings Conference Call Aug 7th?

I guess that a number of reporters do read the postings on this forum, so we may get the questions answered via these reporters, I think.

Anyway, let's bundle these questions in this thread.

My first question would be: "Were there or were there not any Tesla Model S EV's produced in June 2013 for European deliveries?"

I shall post more questions in this thread later on.

2. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

"What was your profit margin for the Model S and what is the outlook for Q3?"
    "What is the interest level in Europe (Scandinavia, Germany, others), Asia? What is the plan to expand to other markets like India, Australia, South Africa?"

3. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

What's your Model S gross margin goal for 2014?
    How are you solving battery supply issues for the future?

4. clmason

clmason Member

What are the biggest opportunities for optimizing Model S production?
    What is state of development of gen 3?

5. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

adding to that, what are your production constraints from increasing production beyond 25k? You say you are production constrained, so what steps are you taking to eliminate bottlenecks?

6. sleepyhead

sleepyhead Active Member

Are you satisfied with the progress that the other car manufacturers have taken in EV development thus far?

7. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

how many new orders for North American markets were placed in Q2?

8. ppl

ppl Member

Now that you have 2 shifts working will your next move be a third shift or add a new line of robots how long would the latter take and are they at factory or on order

9. Benz

Benz Active Member

Still a week to go before the Q2 2013 Earnings Conference Call will start.
    I am sure we can come up with more questions.

10. TSLAopt

TSLAopt Active Member

Trying to think of questions outside of the box that might not normally get asked.....
    "I know you are planning to hold a press conference next week on the hyperloop and it is something separate you dont have time to develop yourself, however, if you do somehow become involved in the hyperloop production/development would you consider plans to allow a Tesla with passengers to go through it, perhaps even in the future while it was supercharging if that was possible to build into it"

11. pfq1982

pfq1982 Member

Do you have contractual commitments with automakers to purchase ZEV credits (I think TSLA currently does), and when do they expire? (I can't imagine automakers would continue to support TSLA voluntarily, but I do think they would honor legacy purchase contracts for ZEV credits)

What is the new order rate (weekly/monthly) for Model S in N. America, and are you observing temporary or permanent moves in the order rate around recent media events?

Do you expect the order rate to fluctuate on a seasonal basis?

Excluding converting Euro reservations, what is the new reservation/order rate in Europe?

What % of orders are choosing 85 kwh vs. 60? What % of orders are picking the Performance / P+ upgrade?

Do you plan to increase the base price of Model S this year?

Visibility on the factors contributing to achieving the 25% ex-ZEV gross margin goal in Q4?

12. Nixx

Nixx Member

At what point does Tesla receive significant volume discounts on their batteries from Panasonic? ie. 25k cars / year? 50k/year? Do we need model x? Gen 3?

13. TSLAopt

TSLAopt Active Member

When will your dual motor AWD be available for the Model S?

14. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

Before my question, I want to throw out an idea I've had a few months... Tesla allow one representative from TMC (selected by forum members) to ask a question on these calls. Far-fethced, sure, but this is a company run by a guy planning to spend time on Mars.

Question: What expansion plans if any do you have for the lease program beyond the current 8 states participating; scope and timeline?

15. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

I believe these calls are strictly for analysts. I remember an incident when some random fund manager tried to ask a question on a CREE call and CEO had the operator boot him.

16. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

C-T, I agree, post definitely not made to encourage any jumping in on the call without the company's invitation.

Tesla allow was the suggestion. Tesla's taking on the oligarchies of the auto and oil industry, perhaps they would like to see a future where these calls are not strictly for analysts.

17. Benz

Benz Active Member

It would be great if one of us would be allowed to ask a question during the conference call. This should have been proposed to Elon Musk when he was at the TESLIVE event. And I guess that he would have agreed to allow that.

18. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

glad you see what I see Benz. if this is an idea that appeals to many of us here, perhaps something can be set up.

I could see a trial period where a written question is submitted in advance (so they can see we are handling this responsibly), and read as the first question (so the TMC pre-submitted question does not end up a duplicate of something an analyst asks).

as far as setting up, I can't speak for Teslive organizer's interest in this idea (obviously that's up to them), but clearly there are people at Tesla in positions to make rather large decisions who are open to input of Teslive organizers (I say this based on Tesla's presence at the event, including our friend Elon).

19. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

"How much are you paying for batteries in $/kWh?"

But I want him to tell just me in private :)

20. Tim

Tim Member

What is the warranty cost per vehicle currently? How is it trending compared to earlier Model S and vs lifetime Roadster costs?