Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which questions would you like to be asked at the Q2 Earnings Conference Call Aug 7th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be great if one of us would be allowed to ask a question during the conference call. This should have been proposed to Elon Musk when he was at the TESLIVE event. And I guess that he would have agreed to allow that.

TMC was a partner in TESLIVE. This website and TESLIVE are not one and the same.

Look guys, all I'm saying is that if you're going to speak on behalf of an organization (like TMC), you should make sure the organization (or person) you're deciding to speak for is okay with you doing so.

I would ask, "Do you have any news on the domestic fight against NADA-sponsored state laws preventing you from operating your own dealers/selling directly to the public in the USA? And, are you sensing any similar efforts, or difficulties selling cars, in other countries?"

Love the idea of someone from the TMC board repping us on call.

Questions:

1. You've stated Fremont has a production capacity of 500,000 vehicles, yet you're only utilizing 5% of production capacity at 25k vehicles/year. How come you're not scaling faster to eliminate the backlog? When you do scale, how to you see the mix shaping up across Roadster, MS, MX and GenIII?

2. You stated at Teslive that battery production is a bigger gating factor on growth than demand creation. What's the state of battery production. Is Panasonic developing more factories? Are you procuring alternative sources? Would Tesla consider building its own LI battery manufacturing?

3. Would you consider making hyperloop a Tesla owned and operated initiative? As a shareholder, I would support this. If people-movers blown through magnetic tubes is the future of personal transport, make it part of Telsa.

4. Would you consider expanding the product line to include tractor trailer rigs and trains for both people- and freight-moving? What about scooters for the Asian market/