Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

which shade of window tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tint is overrated. No tint, especially if you have white interior. You don't need tint on the glass roof. It is already tinted and has uv ray and heat reduction coating
Really? It doesn't matter but the roof glass is factory tinted? I guess you're not familiar with UV, IR rejection, and the other qualities of window films. White interior has nothing to do with cabin heat control. I live in HOT/humid S.FL and quality tint works - period.

https://autobahnwindowfilms.com/products/window-tint/

I have 25% all around, and if I were doing it again I'd probably go 30% or maybe even 35%. For the daytime 25% is absolutely great. At night, with the dimming rear-view mirror and side mirrors it's sometimes really hard to see out, especially on poorly-lit roads. At times I even put up the rear-camera so I can see if someone is in my blind spots. Cars can be traveling so close behind you that you can't see their headlights because of the rising rear deck of the back of the car, and so having more visibility would be great.

Just my $0.02.

5% all round is downright dangerous.

Im not concerned about heat, more so esthetics. I'd like to tint the rear and sides but I don't want to dimensions the amount of light through the rear roof. I'm thinking 35 but not sure if it will give the look I want. Planning to go to the tint shop tomorrow.

25% on my side windows. I didn't do rear roof, so when the sun is high, it does let a bit of light into the cabin, and makes the tint look a bit lighter. This pic was taken with the evening light coming in from the front. Daytime visibility outwards is fantastic, but at night, you can tell the windows are tinted.
5uIdFSl.png

I am looking to tint the windows and roof of my MSM P3D. I am trying to decide how dark to go and would love to see some pictures of other peoples Model 3s with tinted windows. I am sitting on the fence between 20%, 25% and 35%.

You should do 30% in the front and 20% all rears windows including the back. I think it just perfect for model 3 since the car mostly glass so more light come in compared to regular car

Reactions: XLR82XS
30-35% all around...pay attention to the spec sheet. Sometimes when you a tint is label as 35, but the visible light is 39%. Something to think about, varies between brands.

I have Stratos 35% all around including moonroof. and 70% front. I think it's perfect. My previous car was blacked out (20% front and 15% back) and visibility at night was straight dangerous. I would have to roll my windows down at night in the rain to see my sides. You live and learn....

M3 LR AWD with 30% Photosync on sides and 70% on front. Nothing on the back though.View attachment 468558
You should do 30% in the front and 20% all rears windows including the back. I think it just perfect for model 3 since the car mostly glass so more light come in compared to regular car

Here are some pictures. LLumar CTX, 30% in front, 20% all rear windows, 80% LLumar Air windshield.
06B6332F-9287-446B-B1B1-98EBC7C7784C.jpeg

65AC65CC-A63E-4458-8B5E-BB2FAFD97CDD.jpeg

Reactions: XLR82XS