Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

which shade of window tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
204A05B9-10EB-42E4-924B-BA5968D55FEA.jpeg
B43627A8-6F7B-416C-8D15-A22DFDB79208.jpeg
This is with 25% on all side windows and rear window.

I am leaning towards 25% on all the side windows and back and front sunroof. Does anyone with 25% have a hard time seeing other cars at night? My last car was a BMW with 20% and I didn't have an issue. Wondering if it would be different on a Tesla with the auto dimming mirrors.

I know you asked for 25%, but I have 5% sides and rear, 20% sunroof, and 50% front with no problems seeing at night.

I have 20% rear, and do sometimes have issues seeing behind me, but only when reversing; I sometimes have to roll down the rear passenger windows and swivel my had between them and the camera display on the MFD, depending on the lighting conditions.

I am leaning towards 25% on all the side windows and back and front sunroof. Does anyone with 25% have a hard time seeing other cars at night? My last car was a BMW with 20% and I didn't have an issue. Wondering if it would be different on a Tesla with the auto dimming mirrors.
Only out the back window at night. The M3's defrost lines dont help. No issues at night though the main windows with 25%

Visibility through the tinted windows at night is fine. The issue is seeing cars in the auto dimming side mirrors at night. It also depends on how well the roads are lit.