Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which SR 3 would you pick?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think we should be talking about performance here. This is a SR who cares. If you want performance, get the AWD or Performance spec.

We are talking about LFP vs NMC.

Fact: LFP batteries have a lower energy density, meaning you need more to provide the same power.
Fact: LFP batteries charge slower in colder temperatures. They also discharge slower in lower temperatures.
Fact: LFP batteries are cheaper to make.
Fact: LFP batteries can be charged to 100% constantly. Actually you should charge to 100% at least once or twice a week.

The LFP battery is probably a good fit for the SR. You don't need the discharge performance in a SR and you can charge to 100% all the time.

ah, remember when...

... we were told that charging to 100% wasn't a good idea anyhow because getting to 100% took longer, was less efficient to get to, and would limit regenerative braking thus making the car less efficient overall.

And now, we're being told to select this new formula battery because...

... it can be charged to 100% as much as you want!

FWIW, I hope for those of you that have LFP's that your "calendar" degradation is better than mine. I'm not thrilled with my INDICATED 11% loss after only 2 years and 28K miles.

Still love the car, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another, but I really wish we could get some firm data and answers from the people who sell us the cars. Can't help feeling like we're all beta testers, not just the FSD folks.