TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor Which States have the most Tesla owners?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tes Pride, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Tes Pride

Tes Pride Vendor

I'm getting ready to run our first ad for our Tesla cup holders. Starting with Google ad words I only want to run ads in areas of the country that have the most Tesla’s. I'm new at advertising so any help would be appreciated. Any input and help with google ad words would be nice as well.

Thanks, Dave

2. Sugacookie

Sugacookie Member

California, specifically Palo Alto, Ca

3. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

See evtripplanner.com and the Where the Teslas are section. It will advance in real time. While it shows where the cars visit, it's also not a bad approximation of where they live.

That said, here's a list off the top of my head:

CA
    NY/NJ/CT
    FL
    DC/VA

For starters, followed by

IL
    TX
    and... probably WA.

4. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

Ohau pop less than a million has over 400.

5. amallah

amallah Member

evtripplanner.com has a representative sample which could provide some answer to this question
    Where The Teslas Go

6. deonb

deonb Active Member

If you want to be more specific in your google adwords campaign than state-wide, the 3 biggest EV concentration as a percentage of new vehicle sales are:
    1. San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose (3.33%)
    2. Atlanta (2.15%)
    3. Seattle-Tacoma (1.83%)

Personally I'd start with that and see what I learn from the campaign before expanding to other markets.

For an adwork campaign it is generally better to hit a market with higher percentage of potential customers as opposed to a bigger market. Of course, you're likely to have more competition in the concentrated markets of other people who bid against you, so YMMV.

7. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

#7 AudubonB, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    I know of a metropolitan area whose downtown has precisely one Model S for every two residents, and whose total Tesla order book outnumbers residents by 3:2.

:D

Eat your hearts out, you California slackers!:p

• Funny x 1
  8. trond.strom

trond.strom Member

If you consider shipping overseas I would suggest you do some marketing in Oslo, Norway. I would estimate about 8-10k Tesla's of Norways 12k are running in or near to Oslo. City has about 500k inhabitants. so not 1 Tesla per 2 inhabitants but closer to 1/50

9. Tes Pride

Tes Pride Vendor

Thanks to all that posted. Finding a mailing list of owners would be the best way for selling the cup holder. The issue is done of the list companies have the a list of owners. Tesla has done a great job of safe guarding the owners. Good job Tesla.