Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Which States have the most Tesla owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I'm getting ready to run our first ad for our Tesla cup holders. Starting with Google ad words I only want to run ads in areas of the country that have the most Tesla’s. I'm new at advertising so any help would be appreciated. Any input and help with google ad words would be nice as well.

Thanks, Dave

See evtripplanner.com and the Where the Teslas are section. It will advance in real time. While it shows where the cars visit, it's also not a bad approximation of where they live.

That said, here's a list off the top of my head:

CA
NY/NJ/CT
FL
DC/VA

For starters, followed by

IL
TX
and... probably WA.

If you want to be more specific in your google adwords campaign than state-wide, the 3 biggest EV concentration as a percentage of new vehicle sales are:
  1. San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose (3.33%)
  2. Atlanta (2.15%)
  3. Seattle-Tacoma (1.83%)

Personally I'd start with that and see what I learn from the campaign before expanding to other markets.

For an adwork campaign it is generally better to hit a market with higher percentage of potential customers as opposed to a bigger market. Of course, you're likely to have more competition in the concentrated markets of other people who bid against you, so YMMV.

I know of a metropolitan area whose downtown has precisely one Model S for every two residents, and whose total Tesla order book outnumbers residents by 3:2.

:D

Eat your hearts out, you California slackers!:p

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EinSV
If you consider shipping overseas I would suggest you do some marketing in Oslo, Norway. I would estimate about 8-10k Tesla's of Norways 12k are running in or near to Oslo. City has about 500k inhabitants. so not 1 Tesla per 2 inhabitants but closer to 1/50

Thanks to all that posted. Finding a mailing list of owners would be the best way for selling the cup holder. The issue is done of the list companies have the a list of owners. Tesla has done a great job of safe guarding the owners. Good job Tesla.